No Doctor, or insurance?!?!

pirateardnek

Reaction score
When my Husband and I started trying we both had good jobs and health insurance and then they company had major layoffs and well we were part of it.

I was going to get a Doctor, but I never got a chance. So now I got my BFP today, very exciting and happy, but now I am worried.

I do not have a job at the moment, and my Husband has one lined up. At the moment we don't have insurance or money to go to a doctor...

Any advise?

Check and see if your state offers health insurance. I know its standard in most states where, especially children and expectant mothers, can get free health insurance through the state. Also check to see what WIC offers. There are sources out there, and if you can't get anything in place over the next few weeks go to planned parenthood and ask for a scan/check up on baby. They may charge, but it will be minimal. Also, there's probably some womens groups for pregnant in the area as well. I'd say check Google or local ads to find them. There's tons of resources south there for expecting moms, you just need to look for them. Oh, and congrats!

I'm looking for resources so I'm just going to Google and add to this post:

https://www.benefits.gov/benefits/browse-by-state/state/ME

https://www.mainecareercenter.com/services-programs/unemployment/health-care/index.shtml

https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/programs.shtml

https://www.healthcare.gov/medicaid-chip/getting-medicaid-chip/

https://www.birthmotherresources.com/birth_mother/birth_mother_financial_assistance.htm

These are just a few. There were a ton if them! Good luck!

Thank you so much, I'm reading into my state's insurance and what they offer.

I am in the state of Maine.

Sorry I can't tell location on my phone and I'm not sure if Maine offers it but medicaid would be my 1st stop if needed :D good luck!!!

You need to apply for Medicaid for pregnant women. Google it for your state.

Thank you so much guys, we will be heading over to DHHS next week to get things started!

Well I have done some research and in the state of maine you can't get any insurance without some sort of income. At this current time my husband is in the process of getting a job. He has the job they just need to do physical and drug screening.

I am worried because I want to make sure the pregnancy is going well and would like to book appointments, though I highly doubt I cold afford the costs with out insurance.

Would it be okay to wait for my husband's job to get started? With the application you need 4 pay stubs though...

Should I bite the bullet and set up appointments and payment plans? or wait to apply?

Since you were laid off, don't you guys get unemployment?

& did you come to this conclusion from just your research or talked with a person from dhs? If you haven't talked with anyone I'd do that just in case they have other options.

& did you come to this conclusion from just your research or talked with a person from dhs? If you haven't talked with anyone I'd do that just in case they have other options.

I agree. I'd call or go in and talk to someone about options.

I know I had a friend in Illinois who got benefits and neither her nor her husband were working at all.

I agree. I'd call or go in and talk to someone about options.

I know I had a friend in Illinois who got benefits and neither her nor her husband were working at all.

I hope Maine is that nice, but with Lepage I don't know..
Yeah I will probably give them a ring or go in, hopefully this week. I'm not sure if the job was considered laid off or 'fired'. Either way we will work things out. I am still so excited!:happydance:

If it was a major layoff then it would be considered a layoff....I don't see how they can fire a whole group for no good reason. Have you tried for unemployment? I'd also give that a shot, doesn't hurt to try! :) Try to do whatever you can for your little bubs :hugs:

I agree try for unemployment! We found out I was pregnant a month or so after my husband's work shut down. He has a severance and unemployment from the place completely closing.

It is stressful, but it didn't affect my insurance so I can't imagine that one. *hugs*

I am with kissesandhugs, we figure it will be quite a while before baby is here and it will all work out!

You may want to check out in the mean time if your county health dept does any kind of prenatal care for people in your situation. I'm sure there is SOMETHING to get you into a doctor!

Look into pregnancy medicaid. Definitely.

I am currently losing my (insurance provided) job (today is last day) and starting a temporary job with no insurance. My husband is leaving his job (with insurance) for a job where he starts as a temp employee and doesn't get insurance for 6 months.

I am employed, so I've spent the day perusing the health insurance website to search for a plan to finish out 2014. I make WAY too much to qualify for medicaid, so it's insurance through the exchange for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->