No doctor till 12 weeks

stacirene

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy. Is it normal for the doctor not to see you till you're 12 weeks?
They haven't even done any blood work. They've only confirmed my pregnancy with a urine test.

They gave me an estimated dd based off my last period, which I'm not even sure it's correct. My last period was super short and super light, which I told the lady.

This process has been totally different from when I was pregnant with my daughter.

Should I be worried?

I think doctors may do things different if you have had a successful pregnancy before. This time my doctor hasn't even brought me in for a urine test they book me a scan which isn't until Sept 30th by that time I will be a little over 11wks. Then I don't even see the midwife until Oct 15th. When i was pregnant the first time they did bloodwork to confirm pregnancy the same day I got a bfp, then more 2 days later and a week after my bfp I had my first ultrasound. I don't know why its so different between the first time and this time.

Office procedures can change based on insurance standards etc. many times, they won't do an ultrasound until that point so as not to cause unneeded worry. My midwives office doesn't even have you come in to test your urine.. They take your word for it and book you in for an ultrasound a month later. Guess it just depends where you go, what your insurance is etc.

I've heard from other mil spouses that they weren't seen until 10-12 weeks, so I've booked a private scan at the end of the month just in case. The $50 out of pocket is well worth the reassurance to me! I think I am getting blood done on Friday with a regular doctor, but that's to get the required referral to start prenatal care.

Can you maybe explore other offices/medical providers to see if you can get someone to see you sooner?

I've thought about trying to get in early, but my appointment is Monday so there's no point.

My doctor told me the first prenatal visit is usually between 8-10 weeks. This is my first pregnancy though, so maybe it's different for subsequent ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->