No feeding schedule at 4 month old.

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by yourstruly10, Jan 31, 2011.

1. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

I have been on demand feeding my daughter since we switched to formula when she was 2 weeks old. I always figured she would just get into routine when she was ready. I keep ready feeding threads and it seems most babies stick to a certain amount of oz around certain times. My daughter is nothing like that. When she wakes up for they she will take a full 6 oz and then the rest of the day she will take any where from 2-6 oz when ever she feels like it. She is eating between 32-40 oz a day so I know she is getting enough and she sleeps through the night. What I'm wondering is, is it ok to be feeding her on demand still at 4 months with no schedule and if not how do I get her into a schedule? Thanks for any help and advice.

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

It's fine. Ours did not adapt to his own schedule until around 7 months and it still changes from time to time.

3. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

bella's always fed on demand, it works for us. if it works for you, don't worry about not having a routine :)
    xx

4. sarahxx

sarahxx Well-Known Member

i think it is all ok for her to feed that way, but if she's only having a couple of ounces sometimes are you sure she's always crying from hunger? just she may have wind or little pains, sometimes that sounds like a hungry cry? x

5. Laurenmomma

Laurenmomma Well-Known Member

Hiya my little girl is the same, she was really ill and lost weight so we were trying to be more rigid with like 5ozs every 3 hours but if she dusnt want it she wont have it! im sure the routine will come in soon maybe when weaning begins?

ps. congrats on baby number 2! can i just ask did u conceive just randomly or were u doing ovulation sticks etc? x

6. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

We still feed on demand.

7. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was doing ovulation sticks but never got a positive and was doing three a day lol. DH and I were trying but only BD 4 times this month(how sad lol) so we just got lucky i guess.