No feeding schedule at 4 month old.

yourstruly10

Reaction score
I have been on demand feeding my daughter since we switched to formula when she was 2 weeks old. I always figured she would just get into routine when she was ready. I keep ready feeding threads and it seems most babies stick to a certain amount of oz around certain times. My daughter is nothing like that. When she wakes up for they she will take a full 6 oz and then the rest of the day she will take any where from 2-6 oz when ever she feels like it. She is eating between 32-40 oz a day so I know she is getting enough and she sleeps through the night. What I'm wondering is, is it ok to be feeding her on demand still at 4 months with no schedule and if not how do I get her into a schedule? Thanks for any help and advice.

It's fine. Ours did not adapt to his own schedule until around 7 months and it still changes from time to time.

bella's always fed on demand, it works for us. if it works for you, don't worry about not having a routine :)
xx

i think it is all ok for her to feed that way, but if she's only having a couple of ounces sometimes are you sure she's always crying from hunger? just she may have wind or little pains, sometimes that sounds like a hungry cry? x

I have been on demand feeding my daughter since we switched to formula when she was 2 weeks old. I always figured she would just get into routine when she was ready. I keep ready feeding threads and it seems most babies stick to a certain amount of oz around certain times. My daughter is nothing like that. When she wakes up for they she will take a full 6 oz and then the rest of the day she will take any where from 2-6 oz when ever she feels like it. She is eating between 32-40 oz a day so I know she is getting enough and she sleeps through the night. What I'm wondering is, is it ok to be feeding her on demand still at 4 months with no schedule and if not how do I get her into a schedule? Thanks for any help and advice.

Hiya my little girl is the same, she was really ill and lost weight so we were trying to be more rigid with like 5ozs every 3 hours but if she dusnt want it she wont have it! im sure the routine will come in soon maybe when weaning begins?

ps. congrats on baby number 2! can i just ask did u conceive just randomly or were u doing ovulation sticks etc? x

We still feed on demand.

Hiya my little girl is the same, she was really ill and lost weight so we were trying to be more rigid with like 5ozs every 3 hours but if she dusnt want it she wont have it! im sure the routine will come in soon maybe when weaning begins?

ps. congrats on baby number 2! can i just ask did u conceive just randomly or were u doing ovulation sticks etc? x

Thanks! I was doing ovulation sticks but never got a positive and was doing three a day lol. DH and I were trying but only BD 4 times this month(how sad lol) so we just got lucky i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->