No folic acid?!

Miss Broody

Reaction score
Hi everyone I need some advise.

Potentially we may be bringing TTC forward to erm right now!!!! I realised that having a baby 9 or 10 months from now would be perfect!!! Then we have a couple of months where we would have to be careful not to concieve and then could try again ( which would be the month we originally planned to try!!)

I have a very very close family so they know and last night were all like do it, do it! So anyway I decided to stop taking the pill last night. Whatever I decide this will be ok.

So the issue is - I will go buy folic acid today but if I start now I won't have taken any before TTC. Or I could start trying next cycle so that at least I have a good base of it, but this means I will only get one shot at it before I have to stop trying for three months.

Or should I just wait the 5 months till when I was meant to so that I get the full 3 months of folic acid.

I know it is really important, but women
concieve all the time accidently and their not taking it....... But then if something happens think how awful I'd feel!

Arghhhhhhhhhh I need help!!!!!

Incidently my husband is not convinced about bringing it forward as he just thinks I am being impatient! Grrr. I have been really depressed About waiting this weekend and drunk so so much to try to snap myself out of it and now feel like I've been thrown this great idea.

X

If you can I would finish your pack of pills because it won't throw off your body so such and start a prenatal ASAP. That way you can start TTC your next cycle and have some folic acid in your system, plus you won't have to wait 5 months.
I hope everything works out!

A lot of the times we're told to take folic acid early is also so that if we do conceive without realizing it, we're already taking something. So, if you know you're going to be trying, then go for it and start the folic acid ASAP. I would do what pixie23 said though, and finish your pack first so your body won't be as confused stopping in the middle of a pack. Keep us posted, this is exciting!

Totally agree with the others, take the folic acid asap and then finish the pill pack :D

Thanks ladies for your replies. I haven't managed to get on here the last two days!

Wish I'd thought about finishing the pack, such a good point!! I took the last one fri nightbut no idea whether I'll get a withdrawal bleed as I'd only had TOM acouple weeks before. Hmmm too late now so will have to wait and see what my body does.

Started folic acid and gonna go to soca next week to check injections up to date.

Had chat with hubby, his only concern was wanting a summer baby ( which was very unlikely with our original date as would be aug only ) I explained this and that if we try in about a month it'd be April, then aug then sept. But if we don't catch in those 3 months I'm not gonna agree to stop for 7 odd months for Christ sakes!!!

I think like me he thinks it'll happen quickly like it did for both our parents, but there's just no guaranty it will!!!

X

A lot of people are surprised how long it can take, luckily one fo my friends opened my eyes to this truth before we started ttc. DH and I tried for 4 months starting back in dec 2010 and we didn't have any luck. I hope it works out how you are hoping, but if you get in a position when you've tried for a couple of months with no luck then you'll probably realize that trying to plan the birth month/season is really hard because ttc isn't as simple as it seems.

A lot of people are surprised how long it can take, luckily one fo my friends opened my eyes to this truth before we started ttc. DH and I tried for 4 months starting back in dec 2010 and we didn't have any luck. I hope it works out how you are hoping, but if you get in a position when you've tried for a couple of months with no luck then you'll probably realize that trying to plan the birth month/season is really hard because ttc isn't as simple as it seems.

Very true!! I think he still thinks you choose a month and that's when it happens!! Which i have to admit before i joined this site i thought too!!

Anyway my TOM started as normal even though i'd only had one two weeks before, so today is CD 1 so will be interesting to see how long this first cycle off the pill is! And whether i can avoid DTD or just NTNP....... hmmmmm.

xx

Best of luck and make sure you take that Folic acid every day without fail - it is SO important for baby to have all the FA it needs in the early days.

Lots of love,
The Folic Police :)

Good luck :) Just keep as healthy as you can, folic acid every day and eat well. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->