No Harmony/Verify Gender Test What Are Some Other Options?

icegurl470

Reaction score
Had my first OB appointment today and u/s. Everything went wonderfully! I measured right where I thought I would based on when I ovulated and my due date is Oct 19th. The only bad news I got was that the hospital doesn't do the new baby DNA test thing that determines gender as early as 10 weeks. He said I was the second person to ask about it this week. It's a really small hippy hospital so I cant say I'm surprised. Anyway, he mentioned something about a kit I can buy and send through the mail instead? Does anyone know what he's talking about? Also, could I just go to a different hospital and have it done? I don't need a PCP or referral for my insurance, so it shouldn't cost any more. What do you ladies think? What are my options? Thanks

Actually, we just called the company that does the Harmony testing. You will need your doctor to order the test, go to the lab, and the lab will send it to Harmony. Our provider doesn't cover Harmony test so the out of pocket cost is less than $200. I am not really sure about the kit though. Never heard of it.

I've never heard of this. We're in the UK and offered a sexing scan around 20 weeks. Will they offer you something at a later date?

I dont believe that kit is nearly as accurate as the Harmony, Paranoma, etc. But I would ask him if they mind ordering the Harmony for you and you pay out of pocket...or call your insurance, they may just cover it. These test are becoming more and more common.

Love peace, the harmony test is actually a DNA test to determine whether or not the baby has down syndrome, trisomy 13 and 16 I think. At the same time, they could also give you the sex of the baby if you want to.

Love peace, the harmony test is actually a DNA test to determine whether or not the baby has down syndrome, trisomy 13 and 16 I think. At the same time, they could also give you the sex of the baby if you want to.

exactly what it is

https://sneakpeektest.com/

This might be kit he was talking about! Someone posted it a few weeks ago in this forum, and I bookmarked it for later. :haha:

This company is still relatively new to the market (I think they started this kit back in January), so there isn't a whole lot of data on how accurate it is. Just a head's up! :flower:

There's a huge thread on another pregnancy board (won't link per forum rules), where women have ordered the test, posted the results, then posted their ultrasound result. I haven't checked it in awhile, but you can probably google and find it pretty easily, if you want to see what all of those other women's experiences have been with it.

Edit: Per that huge thread where women have been tracking their results, it has a 59% rate right now. The company does offer a full refund if they are wrong though.

You can always contact one of the other test companies and explain that your OB won't authorize test but you are interested in having it done, and see if they'll give you a discounted rate. :)

Well I know it means waiting a little longer but sometimes those 3d ultrasound places advertise to be able to tell you as early as 13 weeks, there's one by where I live in Maryland and in Annapolis they have a place that "guarantees" it as early as 13 weeks for only $50

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->