No HB on Doppler at 10+3

lovenoel

Reaction score
I found the heartbeat at 9+1, 9+3, and the doc found it at 10 weeks exactly. Today I tried with the sonoline B and couldn't find it. Gave up after 5 minutes and tried again half an hour later. Still nothing.

I know it's early, but in my previous pregnancy I never had trouble finding it after the first successful time.

Any words of wisdom?

I tried and tried and tried this morning to find a heartbeat on Doppler. I wasn't able to. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. This isn't the first time the Doppler has been unreliable for me. Even my doctors had a hard time finding my more active babies or finding them when they're awake and wriggling around because they'll move out of the "line of sight" of the Doppler. Two of my babies were still able to get away from the Doppler during labor and had to have probes attached under the skin on the top of their heads to keep them on the monitor. I can't imagine how easily a baby who's about 1.4" long like yours is (or 1.6" like mine is) could hide!

Try again in maybe a few hours. Perhaps your baby will be napping and easier to find.

I recommend getting an ultrasound and then when you know all is well stop using your doppler. It's causing you worry for absolutely nothing.

That's why health professionals in the UK won't even try till your 16 weeks and even then it can be hard to find

My doctor couldn't find it at 16 weeks and all was fine on US, baby was sleeping. Dopplers seems very stressful...

I didn't start finding it consistently until 16 weeks. Try scanning super low, right at your pubic hair line. My baby was still tucked away down there until just a few weeks ago.

I didn't start finding mine regularly until about 11 weeks. Make sure your bladder is full and you are pressing quite hard. Droplets can be so stressful!

Even though you've found it before it's VERY common for this to happen. Try to discontinue use of the doppler until you're further along. I understand you must be stressed, so possibly put in a call to your provider and see what they suggest.

This early on can be very hit and miss, I've had days where I've found it and days where I haven't. I had my 12 week scan yesterday and sure enough babies heart was ticking away.. However, baby only measured 5cm from crown to rump which is normal for the gestation I'm at but can you imagine trying to find a heartbeat from something 5cm big in a space as big as its in!! Like looking for a needle in a haystack!

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->