No HB on doppler at 10w4d, then light spotting?

Nadja86

Reaction score
I saw my OB on Monday. I was 10 weeks 4 days. She said she might not be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler and wasn't able to. I initially wasn't worried about it. But the next day I had a tiny amount of brown spotting (I had had some earlier in this pregnancy too, around 6 weeks. I think both cases are related to sex, but not 100% sure). I had a little bit again the next day, but it was much lighter. No spotting since.

I'm trying not to worry too much, but it's a little hard not to. I won't see my OB again for another four weeks because she's away for the holidays, and I'm about to leave on vacation too. Do you all think I should just wait it out unless symptoms get worse? I guess I could always see if I can get my appointment pushed up a bit, but I suspect the earliest I could see her would be three weeks from now. I don't feel like going through the whole ER rigamarole for what is probably nothing.

Oh, and I have had three ultrasounds, the last one was at 9 weeks, and everything was always perfect.

Thanks ladies!

If you saw a heartbeat, then chances are the spotting is probably a fluke. It could even be (sorry for the tmi) from too rough sex - if you've been having any. The cervix is sensitive during early pregnancy. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that you didn't hear a heartbeat at 10.5 weeks. Usually they can't be heard until after 12 weeks, sometimes not closer to 13/14 weeks. I had a Doppler done at 11.5 weeks with DS. I had the midwife and a nurse looking for it. I was getting ready to be rushed to the ultrasound room when they finally found it after about 20 minutes of searching, a healthy 170 bpm. He was hiding under my left hip bone. Gave us all a scare.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking too. The sex wasn't rough, but (sadly) due to a variety of factors (including the spotting and a UTI), I've only had sex the two times in the past month or so, and I got this light spotting a few days afterwards both times. So I'm thinking that's all it is, it's just nerve-wracking since I'll be leaving the province for a week soon.

Sex can cause spotting even if its not rough..your vervix is more sensitive now

I had spotting after sex at 5+4 and it was brown mucus, not even spotting. Next day there was some when I wiped. I spoke with the advice nurse and she said brown spotting after sex is common because cervix is sensitive. Next day spotting is also normal as your vaginal canal essentially gets a little "coated" with the brown tinged mucus as it's exiting so it takes about 24 hours for all of it to expel. If you saw your LO three times and it was all green light I wouldn't worry.

10 weeks is still early to find a heart beat. Esp for someone who doesn't know your body or how you carry. My doc asks me and has with my last two, where I feel baby and if I've heard the heartbeat before,where it was. Just cause they didn't find it doesn't mean it's not there. Baby is tiny still and can hide

Mine was brown cm too, and both times it actually appeared a few days after. Thanks for the votes of confidence ladies, I think I'll sit tight until January.

My midwife warned me at 16 weeks if she couldn't find the hearbeat it was normal and she wouldn't send me to the hospitsl.

I also had a cervical erosion and spotted evey time we had sex even if it was gentle.

If your recent scan was great I wouldn't worry, try to enjoy your holiday

Most docs wait till 12 weeks or even later to find hb. I think you r okay but don't hesitate or stress. Always call if not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->