No hb on home Doppler 8 weeks 4 days

wannabemama24

Mama to Rylan & pregnant
Reaction score
Tell me I'm crazy. I've been trying to find this lo's heart beat since 8 weeks with my Sonoline B at home Doppler with no success. I can hear the whoosh of the placenta, my own heartbeat, and movement.

My sane side says its normal, I'll hear it around 10 or so weeks.

My crazy side says that some people can hear it this early so I should too.

I picked up my DD's at around 9/10 weeks. I used it once I got it in the mail and finally heard it after a few days. I'm so paranoid and anxious. I just want to hear it!

I had an US at 6 weeks 4 days and we saw baby and hb at 128bpm. My next one isn't until December 17th so I'm trying to keep myself calm.

If you have a home Doppler, when did you start hearing your LO?

I don't have one just because I know if I couldn't hear it I'd freak out - I really wouldn't worry, you're still early and the baby may be in an odd position or well hidden/protected. Xx

I had no idea you could hear it that early! I wouldn't worry. I had the same problem with DD. Sometimes I found it sometimes I didn't. And when I didn't I'd freak. Good luck!

I don't have a Doppler, but the doctor couldn't find it at 12 weeks. He had us do an u/s right then, and we saw baby's heartbeat. He did find it today at 14 weeks :)

I don't have one, but hopefully to put your mind at ease a bit most people I've talked to say they can't find it until at least 11 weeks, some around 14, some 16, 17 ish.

Thank you so much for answering ladies. At this point, I really wish I didn't have one. I am getting myself so worried and I'm sure it's for nothing. I'm trying to keep myself preoccupied and keep myself from going crazy before my next appointment. I wish I could hide the damn doppler from myself!

I keep telling myself I could have an anterior placenta or maybe it's because I have such a long torso seeing as I'm 5'11" plus it is really early still. Argh! These darn dopplers cause too much worry for worriers like me.

I just found mine yesterday and I had to go really low and angle it right in order to hear it also I held my breath when i found it and as soon as I took a breath it was gone it's so hard to find at this point try not to worry my ticket is one day off so I'm 9 weeks today with my other daughter I didn't find it until about 9+4 good luck you will find it :)

Around 9 weeks fr me! But hard to find!! Baby was very low at that time and slightly on the left side near my pubic bone. I cld hear it, but not measure it. Too faint! He normally moves away from it as well & I literally feel the effect as I do it, so I just used till found & turn it of immediately!
You have to be quite methodical. Stick in one place and just angle it differently slowly. If no result, move on. You are early! I had days where I didn't find & I remained calm and tried again later.
For me, it worked best with empty bladder, fr some it works better with full one. Good luck! It's like finding the Holy Grale sometimes!!

They are tricky under 12 weeks. I first found this baby at 10 weeks, but even today my midwife couldnt at 11.5 weeks. I did come home later with a full bladder and find it though.

I can hear placenta really loudly and clearly so I'm convinced mine is anterior.

Thanks ladies. I've watched the YouTube videos and looked up any kind of tips to find it this early but I had no luck. I had DW hid the Doppler from me so I can take a break. I'm driving myself crazy!

Yah I didn't even attempt until over 9 and wasn't successful until 10.

I wouldn't worry. Try again in a week or two and you should find it much easier. I think I found it at 9/10 weeks for the first time, and even then it's difficult.

Yah I didn't even attempt until over 9 and wasn't successful until 10.

That makes me feel sooo much better. Thank you. I'm hoping my pelvis and torso are just larger than most women and so there's lots of room for LO to hide.

My midwife won't even try with the Doppler until minimum 9 weeks and even then it takes her a while to find the heartbeat. With my first baby they could get the heartbeat on a Doppler until 14 weeks

My midwife won't even try with the Doppler until minimum 9 weeks and even then it takes her a while to find the heartbeat. With my first baby they could get the heartbeat on a Doppler until 14 weeks

Oh wow! I'm feeling so much more relieved with all of these stories of not hearing it super early. Thank you.

Put it away for a few weeks, you will only wind yourself up! I have one a friend gave me and I haven't even given it a second look. I will get it out in a few weeks maybe :)

Ah hun bless you, think it would make me crazy aswell.. My mw wouldnt do hb until after the 12wk scan as she said sometimes there so far down under pubic bone that you just cant catch it, she advised against getting one for this & that the hb fluctuates alot aswell, one day it can be high & the next low so it would be stressful & thinking that something was wrong.. im sure all is great in there :) :thumbup:

I had one with my last pregnancy. I rented a really good one and I still couldn't find the hb until about 15 weeks! Don't worry. It's still very very early to be able to find it x

I found it with my last baby at 8 weeks, but this new baby is stubborn and at over 10 weeks it's hit or miss. Sometimes I can find it, some days I can't. Plenty of rip to hide, I guess!

Try to relax with my first pregnancy I didn't find my
Baby heart beat on my Doppler until 12 weeks
But at docs office at 7 weeks so just take it easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583