No hb on home Doppler 8 weeks 4 days

My midwife warned me at 16 weeks it was hard to find even with their equipment. She said she wouldn't send me to the hospital if she couldn't find it as it was completely normal so early.

This is why I didn't buy one, I'm obsessive!

Put it away for a few weeks, you will only wind yourself up! I have one a friend gave me and I haven't even given it a second look. I will get it out in a few weeks maybe :)

Seriously! DW hid it from me by my request. I literally begged her to hid it from me as long as she wants. Our appointment is next Thursday so if we hear the hb on my doctor's doppler, maybe DW will let me have it back :haha:

Thank you ladies! I do feel so much better now. I love not knowing where it is because I'm not tempted to give it a try when I know I probably won't hear it. I really appreciate all of your experiences because I was going crazy with worry! I swear I shouldn't have bought one at all. It was great with DD once I could hear it up until I could feel her movements consistently. It's great once you're well past the first trimester. Now to wait for my next appointment.

I heard it! It was so faint and fast right behind my own heartbeat(maybe the placenta?). It sounded just like my DD's did when I was pregnant with her. I kept losing it so I couldn't count but, good god I feel so relieved. I'm going to try again in a day or two.

I found this one at 7+3 but with my daughter j was 17 weeks it all depends on position I'm now 9+4 and it's getting slightly harder as the baby's moved slightly away from my pelvis. Babies hb is around 138

Wow I had no idea you could hear the hb with a doppler so early!

Just in case someone stumbles on this thread during a Google search, I found the heart beat today at 10 weeks 3 days! I tried on a full bladder and I couldn't find it. I found it within seconds with an empty bladder in the 160's-170's. I am so excited!

I've never heard of anyone being able to find it at 8 weeks, I've always heard 10 at the ealiest. This is why I avoid those things, they cause more stress I think early on XD

I've never heard of anyone being able to find it at 8 weeks, I've always heard 10 at the ealiest. This is why I avoid those things, they cause more stress I think early on XD

Oh yes it caused me tons of stress early on. I wish I hadn't tried until now.

I found my DDs at 10 weeks and have brought a doppler for this one. I've been trying since it cane but no luck but I am also not worried because there are so many factors to consider as to why you can't. I will try again when I am 10 weeks. I think so long as in the early days you can handle not finding it then it's fine to buy one. If you think you'll obsess it's better not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->