No Heartbeat at 6 Week Ultrasound

JGraefe

Reaction score
Has anyone had a 6 week ultrasound where the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat and then come back at 7 weeks(a week later) and there was a heartbeat?

I had that. I was sent away to come back a week later, they said they would book in a D&C there and then, there was no sign of a baby but that it was a formality for them to do a second scan beforehand.

Luckily they did as the following week they found a heartbeat!

They said it still didn't look good though as the sac looked misshapen, but we got through and the 2 year old currently tearing up my house and terrorising the cat and her sister is proof that it was all good in the end.

I hope it works out for you too!

That's really reassuring! We're just trying to stay positive and have been telling our baby to grow and grow and grow.

Yes I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks because I had been having light bleeding and spotting on and off, they saw no heartbeat and wrote in the ultrasound report that they would expect to at the level of hcg in my blood. I went back at 7 weeks and we saw an embryo measuring spot on with a heartbeat at 130.

Not uncommon at all. The baby is only the size of a pea. Very easy to miss.

I just had a 6 week (might be a few days earlier depending on when implantation happened) ultrasound today and only the gestational sac and yolk sac were visible. No fetal pole or heartbeat. Could they see a fetal pole on yours? I would take that as quite a positive sign.

Sorry you're going through this :hugs: I know how you feel. Hubby is trying to keep me positive but I've been a mess today x

The gestational sac was visible as well as what I believe was the yolk sac and fetal pole. When she couldn't find a heartbeat she just stopped the ultrasound immediately and said that we would talk about options next week.

Yep, that happened with Sophie :). She's almost 5 now.

i have seen so many stories of people that this happens to. I wouldn’t make any decisions until after 8 weeks. There are so many variables. This is a good site for those that were misdiagnosed. https://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/...sdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/&utm_referrer=#2798

Second ultrasound is tomorrow morning. My stomach has been a constant mess of knots and probably will continue to be until tomorrow morning. I'm anticipating the worse but hoping so badly for the best.

Good luck for tomorrow!! I had one last week and there was no heartbeat. The sac measured 6+1. I really wasn't given much information, just told to wait for my doctor to explain, which he didn't. He booked me in for another ultrasound next week at what should be 8 weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Keep us updated :)

I was in a similar position a while ago. The doctor told me to prepare for a mc because he didn't expect things to work out. She is now 2 years old.

This time I went in at % weeks and they saw nothing. This time a doctor said its typical and said come back at 6 weeks. He warned me in advance that there may not be a heartbeat till 7 weeks.

Have you had your scan? Hoping you've had good news

She said she still couldn't find anything. I swear that I saw the flicker of the heartbeat on the ultrasound but she was moving the transducer too quickly so everything kept changing. I know that what I saw was probably just wishful thinking on my part. She wants us to come back on Tuesday next week for one final ultrasound before we schedule a D&C.

Was there any development change/growth? How far along are you?

So are you 7 weeks now? Did she say anything about growth?

I'm glad they are waiting for one more u/s. It's so early!

Also, was it one of those wheel in u/s machines? They are not as good. When I was about 7 weeks with DS I went to hospital worried about cramps and they used the 'good' machine were able to see the heartbeat, etc. That can make a difference too.

super common, especially if your dates are off or if you have a tilted uterus like i do! :):thumbup:

It is one of the portable machines but it's a fertility clinic so I think they're pretty high quality. The fetal pole measured 6 week 4 days.

Was it an abdominal scan? If you're 6+4 that still is early to see a heartbeat. What did you measure at last week? Sucks what's supposed to be exciting has become so stressful! Try and stay positive, it's still so early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->