No Heartbeat at 9wks

Cheshire.cat

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Last week Thursday I went for my first scan. It had been 9 weeks since LMP but the fetus had no heartbeat or blood flow and OB/GYN said it measures 6 wks and there should be blood flow and a heartbeat already.

She warned myself and OH that I have probably had a miscarriage. I did a HCG test on Saturday and had 120 000 of the hormone so I must have more blood drawn today.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Or had the same thing happen to them but they had a healthy baby? We are both shattered by this news as we had been TTC for a while.

((((( HUGS )))))
I pray the very best outcome for you... Thinking of you...

Unfortunately that doesn't sound promising :( dr is probably right.

i had a missed miscarriage last year- no heartbeat was seen at 6.5 weeks, and i was measuring small. A week later, baby had gotten smaller and they told me to expect a miscarriage... i bled for two days another week after.

I hope the outcome is better for you, but if not, you will be able to try again soon after. Miscarriages are very common and i took a break from TTC (got married etc) but i conceived this baby as soon as we started trying and he;'s doing very well. Just to give you some hope :)

praying for you x

i had a missed miscarriage last year- no heartbeat was seen at 6.5 weeks, and i was measuring small. A week later, baby had gotten smaller and they told me to expect a miscarriage... i bled for two days another week after.

I hope the outcome is better for you, but if not, you will be able to try again soon after. Miscarriages are very common and i took a break from TTC (got married etc) but i conceived this baby as soon as we started trying and he;'s doing very well. Just to give you some hope :)

praying for you x

I'm sorry for your loss Ally2015.

Did you choose not to have a D&C or did you bleed before that was offered to you? I'm so confused as we personally know somebody who never had a heartbeat at 9 weeks and she refused to have a D&C and now she has a baby girl that is 4 years old.

I'm so glad your baby is doing well, so either way there is a light at the end of the tunnel x

praying for you x

I'm sorry for your loss Ally2015.

Did you choose not to have a D&C or did you bleed before that was offered to you? I'm so confused as we personally know somebody who never had a heartbeat at 9 weeks and she refused to have a D&C and now she has a baby girl that is 4 years old.

I'm so glad your baby is doing well, so either way there is a light at the end of the tunnel x

I was offered a d & c but i chose not too, i wanted it to happen naturally, and they were ok with it, as i was quite early. on. You need to do what you feel comfortable and best for you.

There is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, miscarriages happen and are common and for the most part are just one off things! Keep us updated on outcome and what happens. Sending you hugs x

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a Mmc at a little over 8 weeks. Baby measured 6 with no heartbeat. I knew my dates were 100% and there was no chance they were off. I opted for the d&c and it was scheduled for 2 days later. I didn't want to wait for my body tho catch on and I Just didn't want to go through it at home.
Since you seem to have some doubt, might it be a good idea to wait a week and do another ultrasound? Either baby will have grown, stayed the same or you'll have some bleeding, either way you'll have a definite answer.

I'm just so sorry you're going though this uncertainty. For what it's worth... My husband and I really leaned on each other and it brought us closer. Our rainbow baby was conceived cycle after d and c and was born last month.
Much love to your family ❤❤❤

I'm so sorry. :( MY previous pregnancy, I saw baby and a heartbeat at 6 weeks, but went back at 9 weeks and baby hadn't grown and there was no longer at heartbeat. It was awful, but honestly I had expected it because my symptoms had gone away. :(

Sorry you're going through this. Yes miscarriage can be common but that doesn't make it any less painful. :hugs:

I chose not to have a D&C, and also didn't take the pills they sometimes offer. I went with red raspberry leaf pills, and that helped me contract and baby came the next day.

I'm so sorry :hugs: I miscarried at 6 weeks before we had the chance to see if baby had a heartbeat, my heart goes out to you.

I'm very sorry. My first pregnancy I got to 9w6d before we found out the baby had died around 6w. I opted for a D&C bc I was scared and devestated and I wanted it over as soon as possible. Be kind to yourself. :hugs:

If you have doubt and there is a possibility that your dates may be off than request a follow up scan for 7-10 days. There are def reasons for people being misdiagnosed with a mc (retroverted uterus is one). https://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/...com/&utm_referrer=https://www.google.ca/#2798
Your dr having hcg draws at this point makes no sense. Once embryo is detected on scan hcg tells you nothing. Even if it declines you could be far enough along that it will have started to decline.
I hope the best for you!

I'm so sorry for your loss. As someone who has suffered a missed miscarriage, I know exactly how you feel. I hope you heal quickly and may you end up with your rainbow soon :hugs2:

I'm so sorry hun. I had a missed miscarriage last year and it was basically the same situation as yours. Went in for my first ultrasound when I should have been about 8 weeks but baby measured 6 with no heartbeat. They took blood and then more blood 2 days later and my numbers had gone down. They told me to expect bleeding soon. I opted to wait for it to happen naturally. It took 2 weeks after that first scan for me to start bleeding then just a few days for everything to pass.

Thanks ladies. The doctor called me yesterday to confirm that my HcG has dropped by 50 000 in 2days so it definitely is a mmc. I refused the D&C so waiting for the bleeding to start. The waiting is the hardest part though.

For the ladies who did not have a D&C what did you feel just before you started bleeding? I've been having cramping like I would normally get for a menstrual cycle.

Thanks ladies. The doctor called me yesterday to confirm that my HcG has dropped by 50 000 in 2days so it definitely is a mmc. I refused the D&C so waiting for the bleeding to start. The waiting is the hardest part though.

For the ladies who did not have a D&C what did you feel just before you started bleeding? I've been having cramping like I would normally get for a menstrual cycle.

I'm sorry :( But its good that you know and can start to move forward. :hugs: I would say mine started like that, with just some cramping. Well I had been spotting for quite a few weeks, but no full on bleeding. It was a few days after we discovered baby stopped growing that I actually started to really bleed. But that also may have been helped by my raspberry leaf pills. Some women take longer.

:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear your news :hugs:

I was earlier than you when it happened to me, but for me it started like period cramps. Be kind to yourself, gentle :hugs: xx

Sorry for your loss Hun :hugs:

I had period-like cramping before I started to bleed when I had my miscarriage, but it did take quite a while for me X

I am really sorry for your loss. It's so heartbreaking.
I had a mmc. I found out at the 12 week scan that baby had died at 9 to 10 weeks. I opted to wait. I waited 7 weeks. I bled for the last two weeks. Cramps for quite a few weeks. In the end I had to have the d & c.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 2 blighted ovums, and both times began bleeding at what should have been 10 weeks, and a scan showed just an empty misshapen sac.
It's horrible to go through but usually it's just one of those things. I had my two between my first and second children, then had my almost 3 year old daughter and am now 33 weeks pregnant with another baby girl. Most people go on to have normal, healthy pregnancies after a loss, so good luck for when you try again and take care of yourself xxxxxxx :hugs:

:hugs: What a horrible thing to go through. I can't imagine. I've had 3 miscarriages, but never a missed miscarriage. That must be so so hard! Take care of yourself hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->