no heartbeat heard on doppler?

newmama

Reaction score
hey ladies
had my 10-wk appt today -- general physical as well as a doppler. i'm somewhere between 9+1 and 9+5, depending on which date you use. but we couldn't hear the heartbeat at all this morning :cry:
my dr said not to worry about this at all and that it's very normal not to be able to hear it, but it made me sad. :nope:
should i be worried at all?? i also have a tilted uterus, if that makes any difference at all. but i'm also relatively thin, so i really thought we'd be able to hear out little olive today.
just feeling a bit down now...

Dont want to read and run but i am sure ur bubs should be fine. xxx

Totally normal. I asked the nurse at 12 weeks to use the doppler on me. She said she'd love to, but I had to promise not to have a panic attack if she couldn't find the baby. They won't even try at my Doctor's office until you're 10 or more. The nurse did get the baby, but it took her a while because little one was hiding and then running lol. I was really small too. No worries, dear.

Hun ur baby is still very tiny at the mo,I had a mw app yesterday and they couldn't find the hb so I took the Doppler off of her and found it for her as I do it daily and know exactly where s/he hides.every womans shapes are different and every baby will be in a different place so I'm not suprised they have trouble finding them.honestly I really wouldn't worry about this xx

Hiya,
I went to see a consultant today and he wouldn't even try to find the baby. He said that there was no point trying until 14 or 15 weeks.
I know how frustrating it is, I was so disappointed that they wouldn't even try today. I have an angelsounds doppler and keep trying with that... not found baby yet though.
Don't worry, i don't think it's unusual at all. Just VERY annoying! :hugs:

I couldnt find babies heartbeat untill about 11 weeks hun and its still really hard dont worry xx

My dr. wouldnt even try a doppler until 14 weeks....DO NOT WORRY!!

thank you so much ladies :) everybody here is so supportive. i appreciate the kind words -- i'm going to just try to put it out of my mind til our next appt on the 16th. that one is an u/s so we should be able to see lots more then.

hugs

That's such a good question! I was wondering the same! I'm not thin though, but I wanted to go purchase a HB monitor but was worried I'd get paranoid about not finding a HB. My DH keeps telling me to wait, so now I think I'll give it another month before buying one. :)

yeah, my dr told me that it's very unlikely to hear it at all before 10 wks...tho if you order now, that should be ok! lol :)

In the uk the MW wont check until 16 weeks.

I have a doppler at home and even now still struggle to find it so dont worry

Couldn't get my babies heartbeat at my 11 weeks appointment so they took me to have an ultrasound..They said it was quite normal but didn't want me to leave disappointed..so on the big screen baby's heart beating nicely..don't worry about it I am sure everything is fine..

Popping in from 3rd tri... my doctor wouldn't even TRY until 12 weeks because she said it was wayy too early for that! And now, at 30 weeks, we couldn't hear it because of babies position! Of course he moves around, so no concern, but just goes to show that the doppler is not always easy!!

In the ER I work in we don't even try until 12 weeks, and even then sometimes it is very hard to find! So don't worry, I hope you and little bean are doing well!

With my first the midwife wouldnt try before 14 weeks, found it after a bit of digging around, im surprised it was done so early what a way to worry someone

The mw couldn't find Charlies heartbeat on a doppler until 14 weeks. Don't panic hun, it'll be fine x

in my dr's defense, she did tell me it was going to be unlikely -- but knowing me, she wanted to try anyway. we did already have a dating scan a couple weeks prior, so we had seen the baby and watched the little heartbeat. i just really really wanted to hear it, and have that added assurance that she is still doing ok in there. i have no reason to suspect otherwise -- i've not had any cramping, so spotting at all, nothing......but... it's hard not to worry as a mama!

my doctor tried mine at 9 weeks and nothing but i didnt panic because its normal because bubs is still so small then at my 12 week appointment bang there she was just beating away at 166

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->