• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

No heartbeat - reassurance please.

xJessie91x

Reaction score
I had a scan due to a very light bit of spotting over the weekend. Scan was Wednesday. I was around 5 week 5 days there was a sac and yolk but no heartbeat. Now I know it can be too early to see but after a miscarriage in January I'm a nervous wreck and have to wait until 15th June for a scan. I'm terrified. I don't know how I will cope waiting to find out if baby is ok :cry:

Hi, I know it's hard but I wouldn't worry yet. I had a scan at 5+5 and saw the same as you just sac and yolk. I had that baby 2 days ago and he is perfectly healthy. 5/6 weeks is a real grey area in terms of scans. Good luck at your next one.

my dr told me that the absolute earliest you'd see a heartbeat is 5w6d. And there's probably a possibility that your gestational age is off by a few days depending on your ovulation/implantation date!!! I wouldn't worry about a thing!!!

I just had a scan this week at 5w5d too and just sac and yolk sac! It's totally normal and I was measuring right on point.

With DD.. same thing 5w5d we saw a sac and barely saw the yolk sac but 2 weeks later slee saw a heartbeat and she's a healthy girl sitting beside me talking to Mickey Mouse! ;)

With my current pg, I went in at 6+1 due to spotting and we saw a gestational sac/yolk sac measuring 5+4. A week later, there was baby measuring right on at 7+1 and a lovely flickering hb. A scan at 5-6 weeks is so variable because there are so many reasons why you may not see much of anything and my dr only did one that early because I was cramping and spotting and we were both wondering if this was a viable pregnancy.

I had a scan at 5w4d and saw just the sac and yolk. When back yesterday at 6w5d and saw a perfectly healthy heartbeat!

In fact, when we went in at 5w4d the tech said don't be alarmed if we don't see anything yet. So I wouldn't worry just yet :)

I saw mine at 5 weeks 6 days on a private scan. He has a really good machine though. I guess nhs ones arnt as good. He did warn me before that i may not be able to see it yet. All should be fine xx

I knowbthe waiting sucks but I had a scan at 6+3 no heartbeat but fetal pole was 3mm. Please don't panic it's near impossible to see a heartbeat that early!!! The waiting sucks though, I got 11 days until my next scan to hear the heartbeat!

I knowbthe waiting sucks but I had a scan at 6+3 no heartbeat but fetal pole was 3mm. Please don't panic it's near impossible to see a heartbeat that early!!! The waiting sucks though, I got 11 days until my next scan to hear the heartbeat!

The waiting totally sucks!!! Mines in 12 days! Good luck with yours :) xx

Its torture waiting for the first scan isn't it. When i had spotting early on I expected the worst. I cant believe everything is ok so far. Ive known ive been pregnant since 3 weeks 4 days. Im still only 10 weeks & 4 days. At my booking appointment on Wednesday the midwife said first scans are done between 12-14 weeks. I hope its nearer 12 though! I cant imagine waiting another 3 and a half weeks. X

Its torture waiting for the first scan isn't it. When i had spotting early on I expected the worst. I cant believe everything is ok so far. Ive known ive been pregnant since 3 weeks 4 days. Im still only 10 weeks & 4 days. At my booking appointment on Wednesday the midwife said first scans are done between 12-14 weeks. I hope its nearer 12 though! I cant imagine waiting another 3 and a half weeks. X

Thing is I have had a scan due to bleeding but baby didn't have a heartbeat. It's now the 2 week wait to see if one appears. Fingers tightly crossed. Good luck with your scan! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"