No help!

vicky89

Reaction score
Im so angry with jobcentre.

I live with my partner so that means im not intitled to any benefit what so ever!! but jobcentre never told me this they had me going in everyother week to do the usual signing on for jobseekers until yesterday i phoned and they said they had lost my paperwork but im not actual intitled to anythink at all!! so all the traveling bk and forth to jobcentre and i wnt recieve a penny!! :growlmad:

We are really struggling to live on my partners income alone, and because im not claiming any benefit i'm not even intitled to the £500 maternity grant!

I know there is probly a few people in this sort of situtation and it aint just me but im soooo angry at the jobcentre for having messed me around for months.

does anyone know of any help i could get?

i have thought about going to citizens advice but the one down here aint very helpful!

thanks

you will probably be able to get working tax credit, maybe help with rent,council tax and when lo is born you will get child tax credit and should get the £500 grant although i would ring them as if you are on a low income you maybe entitled to it??

try a website called entitled to
hope this helps hunni xxx

i'm in exactly the same boat, i cant get anything, but have you tried to apply for maternity pay of the government, im waiting to hear if they will give me anything... im not sure how you go about getting it, just phone up a random department and they should put you throught o the right place.. apart from that though theres nothing untill baby is born

i'm in exactly the same boat, i cant get anything, but have you tried to apply for maternity pay of the government, im waiting to hear if they will give me anything... im not sure how you go about getting it, just phone up a random department and they should put you throught o the right place.. apart from that though theres nothing untill baby is born

i was told i won't be intitled to the maternity pay eitha!
i think its so silly how the government work this out!

If your partner is working he should be able to apply for working tax credits as a family as soon as LO is born and you can apply for child tax credits too. They are very quick with sorting it. I would give them a ring and see if you are entitled to any form of tax credits as of now.

Aww that sucks! My OH was signing on for a while (since before we moved in together) when he mentioned me being pregnant they asked if we lived together (by that point I'd recently moved into his Mums)

When he said yes and that I was working they threatened to take him to court for fraud!!!! He had to sign off for 13 weeks (1 week before I left work!) so now he doesn't get jobseekers and we are living off my maternity allowance.

As someone else said use entitledto to see what you could get. Once LO is here you should def get child tax credits (if you get a high amount then you'll still be entitled to the £500 grant)

you can only get working tax credits if you are over 25....

im in the exact same situation. My hubby works full time, but i do not due to being made redundant in feb. Im not entitled to any mat pay, and as you say, we cant get JSA either.

What we do get though, we get help with our rent via housing benefit which is about £170 a month, and we get £160 a month in working tax credits. You can only get this though if your hubby is working and over 25.

Once the bubs arrives, you will get child tax credits, child benefit, and more housing benefit if your entitled to it. You may also get help with council tax too. HTH xx

it kind of concerns me that people complain that they won't receive this or that and can't afford to pay rent, bills .. shouldn't these people have thought about being able to afford all this, before becoming pregnant :| i'm sorry if that sounds awful but just what i think :s

If you haven't been claiming JSA for more than 6 months, you might be able to claim contribution based ESA (new style Incapacity Benefit) until 2 weeks after little one arrives. You can claim online on Jobcentre website and they call you back. You just need to send MATB1 form as medical evidence.
My claim has gone through and started at 29 weeks :)
Good luck

it kind of concerns me that people complain that they won't receive this or that and can't afford to pay rent, bills .. shouldn't these people have thought about being able to afford all this, before becoming pregnant :| i'm sorry if that sounds awful but just what i think :s

Not everyone plans their pregnancy.

OH and I were reasonably well off so I went part-time, now he's been made redundant and because we saved and were sensible he won't get JSA and I'll be on minimal mat benefits. 'The best laid plans!'

What if it was unplanned?

thanks girl will look into all your suggestions.

i was made redundant with no warning or redundancy pay!

thanks girl will look into all your suggestions.

i was made redundant with no warning or redundancy pay!

Im really sorry to hear that, Im sure it will all get sorted x

Good luck Vicky, hope it all works out for you - sure it will xx

Im in same boat jobcentre had me going to sign on only to say i wont get anything as i live with my partner. Im 24 and he is 27 and he works full time so we claim working tax credit, you shold be entitled to that hun.

i would definately look into maternity allowance - there is a number on the jobcentre website for a claim form

and i would guess 99% you will get a sure start grant after lo is born hun

www.entitledto.co.uk brilliant site, strongly recommend it to work out what you can get. I tend to use baby's EDD minus a year when seeing what I will get when she is here. It has been nice and accurate for me.

aww hun!! this is the exact same blummin thing happening to me!! its fuckin awful! i gave up my childminding job when i became pregnant and they said because im not activly looking for a job i cant claim job seekers! nd cant get the grant because of the same reasons! that HIP did absolooootly feck all nd got me nothing! i hate having to ask OH for money as he has non to giv as his work is pretty much letting him off now over xmas! :( arghhh this stupid country gives money to the wrong people makes me so angry! <3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->