No LH surge = no egg/ovulation???

mercedes2010

Mom of two girls!!
Reaction score
So this is just our first month TTC and I'm 40 next month and he's 50. I am pretty familiar with my cycles and they are very regular (yay me). I started testing for my L:H surge on day 12 when I started seeing a lot of EWCM. The EWCM didn't last more than a couple days and on the second day was quite watery. Still all my tests were negative. We DTD anyway on the day I FELT should have been my most fertile and continued to test just in case. It is now day 20 and I tested for the last time this morning. No surge. As my period is due by the end of the week I have just figured we missed my surge and it 1. happened before the EWCM, 2. I didn't ovulate at all this month, or 3. the tests were faulty (highly doubtful...they are the Clear Blue with the smiley faces and in date).
Anyone have a clue what's going on? Has this happened to you? I know it might be early in our TTC journey to be freaking out but , well, my age makes me feel like we need to do it soon if it's gonna happen and this has me worried. I've used OPT sticks in my past TTC efforts (I was 30-32 at the time) and they always showed my surge. I even studied the lines without the electronic holder and the control line was very dark but the LH line never went beyond very pale and faint.

Maybe try to dtd every other day from the time your period ends, just to be sure that you are covered?

My O day changed, could be that yours did too. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->