No longer combi-feeding

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by sazza, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sazza

sazza Well-Known Member

Lewis hasn't had any forumla in well over a week, thanks to his new bedtime routine. I am so pleased. He was generally only having around 3-4oz per night (on average) so, it wasn't much - but I'd much rather he was exclusively breastfed.

There were so many times I was gonna give up bf'ing in the early days, as it really was exhausting - I'm so pleased I didn't! I feel really strange about giving him a bottle now. I'm hoping to carry on feeding him myself for a while yet. Thanks to everyone for giving me the support I needed in the early days, and when he was going through his growth spurts. :flower: x x

2. mummyzilla

mummyzilla Well-Known Member

:) pleased to hear your success with combi feeding and also your transition to exclusivley bf, I just posted a thread about combi feeding which I am doing now in early days I hope to have the same success as you so great to hear positive story x

3. Cassiesam

Cassiesam Member

WTG you!!! Yay! :D

4. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

Well done on going exclusive!

I combi-fed until 4 months and burst into tears after I put her to bed on the first day without bottles as I was so overwhelmed with feelings having done a whole day with no bottles.

5. teal

teal Well-Known Member

Yay huge well done to you! xx

6. mumtobrandon

mumtobrandon Well-Known Member

Well done : ) I too gave Blake the odd bottle when he just wouldn't settle with my milk but gave up when I realised it didn't really make much difference and he was sick so I went back to exclusive bf and haven't looked back since. I too love the fact that both he and I really enjoy it now and I plan to do it for as long as possible. Keep up the good work, I think bf takes several weeks to get fully established and during those weeks lot's of us worry it's not working out but we get there eventually. Enjoy!
    Blake is 3 months today. x x x

7. mystika802

mystika802 Well-Known Member

YAY! Thats great news.