no longer disapointed

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds is 9 months old now and I remember posting on here when I found out the gender. I was so upset I was having a boy. Everyone i knew thought it was going to be a girl including me and oh. I cried when I left the apt after we found out. Then I cried again for feeling guilty about being disappointed! Well, I just wanted to shed some hope to anyone who is going through this now... I wouldn't change having a son for the world!! as much as I wanted a girl, I can't even imagine my life without a little boy! It's so weird how it happens and u don't believe it ever will,but it does! We r planning to start trying for number two soon and honestly I'd be happy if we had another boy haha hope this helps some of you and congrats on your pregnancies! <3

Aww, boys are the best aren't they? I love my DS to bits too, I remember really wanting a girl at the beginning of his pregnancy but I love him so much and he was such a lovely baby too. I feel really strongly that this one is a girl but if it is a boy I definitely won't be disappointed. I feel like the only reason I would like a girl now is for the mother daughter relationship when they're grown up as I feel like boys drift away from their mum's more when they're adults and are more involved with their own lives whereas girls tend to need their mum's much more when they're older, especially when they have kids of they're own.

Aw that's great for you. Glad you are no longer disappointed and would be happy with 2 boys. I have 4 and it's great seeing the relationship between brothers. I do still want a girl. But as much as people talk about the mother daughter relationship, the saying goes mummy's boys and daddy's girls. I know someone who works in an old peoples home and they say the most regular visitors are always the sons. I really think it's the relationship you build with them growing up. Dh and I are both 1 of 3, in both our families there is 1 girl followed by 2 boys. SIL rarely sees her parents. I seeing once a year. BIL, and dh , see their parents at least once a week and call between. And SIL doesn't have any excuses. Her kids have left home, she only works part time, she lives 2 doors from us so we'd even drive her there. She never even calls them other than birthdays.

So glad hun! My story with DS1 was exactly the same as yours. Now I wouldnt change a hair on his head. I actually hoped for a boy second time around.

Thanks for the post. I hope I feel that way about our little girl after she's here asbi desperately was hoping for a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->