No movement a little worried

Cassiewuk

Reaction score
Hi

I am just over 21 weeks and as of yet have not felt the flutterings that everyone says they get? I rang the midwife at 20 weeks and she said it could be up to week 23. I am getting a bit worried now that everything is ok? I had a scan 3 weeks ago and it was all ok, this is my first.

Any advice?

Everyone is different hun and sometimes it takes a lot longer, It will happen soon, try to relax about it sometimes it can be past 24 weeks, take care :hugs: XX

Do you know how your placenta is laying?

If it's anterior(at the front) then it may be the reason as this cushions the kicks! My friend is 25 weeks and only just feeling kicks as her placenta is anterior.

everyone is different and my midwife told me it could take up to me being 25 weeks before i felt anything.
i was about 22 weeks when i first felt the baby move

Thanks everyone I am trying to relax and hope it happens soon.

I have been feeling kicks since 19 weeks but my friend who is due 2 days before me still hasn't felt a thing (even though she's thinner and generally smaller than me). Try not to worry, everyone is different. When is your next mw appointment? You could always book in with her and ask her to listen for hb just to put your mind at rest? I've done this before when i thought baby hadn't moved for a few days and the mw was fine and really reassuring. One day you'll be sat there all quiet and will jump out of your skin when your little baby gives you a big, unexpected kick! x x x

Hi, try not to worry as all the other girls have said you feel the movements at different times. My placenta is at the front so i felt my babys movements later than most. I only started getting proper kicks really a few weeks ago. Wont be long before babys using youre belly as a trampoline like mine is xx

Try not to worry, my SIL only felt movement from 28 weeks. It could be your placenta is in the way, but if you're worried phone your midwife and see if you can listen to the heartbeat to settle your mind. :)

hi. I'm also 21+ and only felt my first kick yesterday, I was also really worried especially after reading all the posts about kicks at 16-18 weeks.

It will happen for you soon

Even with my 2nd (last pregnancy) I never felt much until 22wks.....so try not to worry hun x

Just give it more time. I didn't feel kicks until just recently and it's only when I'm laying flat on my back and my hand is on my tummy. All day long when I'm busy I feel nothing since I'm sitting up and moving around. I don't have much padding, so I always assumed I would feel them earlier but nope! When you feel the first kicks it will be amazing!

Aww hun. Really truly and honestly dont worry! Want to hear a funny story about my kicks?

I had started getting really nervous after about 19 weeks cause I hadnt felt ANY movement and a friend of mine had already started getting movements and she was a few weeks behind me. I was pretty much freaking out. I had my 20 week scan and everything was perfect but I went in dreading it. Thinking that I just new the worst had happened... Well at about 23 weeks I put my hand on my belly to try talking her into kicking. Well I kept internally feeling all these feelings of like gas bubbles popping that I had been getting from about 17 weeks or so but just thought was gas cause I usual had some sort of gas right afterwards when all of a sudden my hand got kicked... So basically what I thought was just me having really bad gas all the time was probably actually partially baby moving to! So maybe you have felt bubs but just dont know it yet to. I still dont say I felt movements till 23 weeks though as that was the only time that i knew it was deffinately bubs.

Sorry that was so long...

With all three of my boys I didn't feel anything until 21 or 22 weeks... with them I didn't feel any of the flutters that people talk about ... I only felt it when the baby was strong enough to give some big kicks... so don't worry it will come.. I know easier said than done, right???... you will feel it any day I bet... good luck and :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->