No, my baby does not STTN!**Join our club**

Lol can we join the club too... There does seem to be an obsession with how much sleep your baby is getting. My dd naps a little in the evenings and goes down properly at 11pm. She'll then wake for feeding once if we're having a 'good' night or twice is more usual, and then is up at 8ish. I think that's pretty good going and if I was better at falling asleep quickly I'd be getting a fairly good night's sleep - but so many people ask me about whether she is sleeping through and then give me a pity look when I say she's not. I don't understand how babies younger than her can seemingly go so long without feeding! I must just have a hungry little monkey! I'm sure she'll settle soon but in the meantime I do get fed up of all the people who love to tell me how great their lo sleeps lol.

I tend to say "she sleeps brilliantly," and leave out the fact that she half wakes for a few feeds a night! Since she barely wakes me up, it doesn't bother me at all. I've always managed to get loads of sleep thanks to embracing co-sleeping.

However, if I'm feeling argumentative I tell the full story, backing myself up with the evidence base for co-sleeping!

On the rare occasion that people actually do speak to me in English (or I give up pretending not to understand them) and ask how she sleeps I just tell the truth and says its shit and then laugh.

Me pediatrician told me she hates when people say that their babies STTN at 6 weeks. She said it is more common for a baby NOT to STTN even at Corrine's age and older.

Corrine will sleep for awhile now... but not until at least 1 a.m. Weird vampire baby!

Who needs sleep??

Sleep is for the weak and losers.... Me and my boy are neither!!

We are still on two night feed wakings AND hes formula fed and has three meals a day! My Mum keeps telling me he will get fat with 6 bottles still... I do miss my sleep and I do hope one day it does just happen...

I'll join!!!

My LO is still waking for one feed at night but it is better than hourly wakings as it was a couple weeks ago!

I know everyone says it gets easier as your LO gets older but i am starting to find it harder as i realise i'm most likely in it for the long haul and will be joining Aliss :coffee:

Tbh though noone really asks me it depresses me more coming on here when every is talking about their babies STTN as it seems like I'm in the minority with a 6 month plus LO.

I want to be a weak, loser and have some sleep soon :haha:

Can I join in ladies? We are waking up every night for a feed somewhere between 02:00 and 04:00 and I love cuddeling him to sleep :)

I'm in! Sleep is for wimps! Well that's what my LO reckons so it's become my mantra!

I was thinking the other day that the last full 8 hours of sleep I had in one stretch was prob back in second tri. So it's been a while! The first few weeks were awful! 2 hours sleep in a row was a treat. At 8 weeks he started waking every 45 mins. Brilliant! That was the low point & I tell myself that we are slowly getting to the high point! It's just taking a while. A looong while!

Currently he goes down at 7ish & wakes a few times before we go to bed about 10ish. He doesn't wake for any reason. Just to check we're still here I'm convinced! Then he wakes anywhere from 1-3 times during our night (currently maybe more than 3 times due to teething & him rolling onto his tummy & being unable to get back over, even though he can do it just fine during the day!) After 4 there's no chance of getting him back to sleep in his cot so he comes in with us & us up for the day about 6.

I'm convinced people lie about their babies STTN! My definition of STTN is 7-7 with zero wake ups so maybe by standards are just too high! He's on 3 full meals a day now plus 3 bottles during the day so I don't think I'd have time in the day to feed him more! He's not cold & usually doesn't need changing. He just wakes up! I'm sure when he learns to self settle he'll sleep through but I don't know how to teach him to do that! So for now I'll enjoy my afternoon nap in bed with him as a way to top up my sleep lol

ooh I need to join!
my LO goes to sleep each night like an angel, by 8pm every night and no fuss but then it all goes downhill. she wakes at 1am on a good night (add an 11pm wake on a bad) then maybe an hour later and then really doesnt settle back down until she does a big poo at 5am i get up and clean her up and then she goes back to sleep for two morning naps by which time i cant be bothered to try and sleep again!
shes a lovely baby and doing everything she should be doing on time or before and so I really dont think it can matter that much?
all every one asks is if she is sleeping better yet and telling me how much their babies sleep like its a competition!!!!!!! MIL said she really should be sleeping all night by 3 months!!

I know everyone says it gets easier as your LO gets older but i am starting to find it harder as i realise i'm most likely in it for the long haul and will be joining Aliss :coffee:

Hehe, I'll get the pot of coffee :coffee:

I just knew I'd get a baby that didn't sleep well (I blame my sister for saying to my mum "Katie'll get a baby that sleeps like a dream" - she jinked me, spiteful cow :haha:) Apparently not many babies in my family have STTN, my mum told me she used to take my sister downstairs in the early hours most mornings until she was around 2 because she wouldn't sleep, not crying, just full of it and wanting to play, so she'd play with her toys and my mum would drink tea like a zombie for an hour or so while my dad slept away :dohh: (this was the 70s but not much has changed lol). She still doesn't sleep much, prefers to catnap. And this was supposed to make me feel better, thanks mum :wacko: OH's always been so good, he slept like a dream from being newborn so I was kind of hoping Louis would be like him lol.

my lo is waking every half hour from 1.30 am!!! she used to wake once a night at 4.30!

Ill also join please! :flower:

A good night is waking for one feed, bad night 3 feeds, on the odd occasion he will take an hour to go back to sleep, other than that he goes straight back to sleep. I wont lie i sometimes wish he STTN but then he would be the PERFECT baby cause he's such a joy during the day, so i'm more than happy with a few night wakings!

i shocked a whole load of mums at school when they asked if he was a good baby and slept through, i said" No, he has 666 tatooed to his arse, that answer your question?" :blush:

Now Alex won't go to sleep :cry: I've tried everything and he won't feed. I'm honestly not having the best of nights anyways. :cry:

Oh for gods sake! Lo is punishing me for joining this club-four wake ups since bed at 7! :-(
Pass the coffee please :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->