• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

No period 12 weeks post partum??

lizziemc

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I had my baby 12 weeks ago. I breast fed for a week and then switched to formula. I haven't had a period since. After my first baby I had a period after 6/8 weeks. I highly doubt that I'm pregnant cause we only dtd once and we used a condom. I had quite a severe haemorrhage after the placenta was delivered. Would this mean anything?
Thanks ladies x

I am 7 weeks post Partum and no period I did he same as you bf for a week then formula fed . I'm going mad I have pmt symptoms and nothing ! So paranoid I have done tests they negative

Sometimes it just takes time and that's normal even if you aren't BF. I BF for 6 weeks and then combi fed for a further 4 until my milk dried up at 10 weeks. I never got a natural period after that. I eventually went back on the pill at 5 months which forced a monthly withdrawal bleed, but obviously that wasn't an actual period. Once I came off the pill to get pregnant again, which was 3.5 years later, my periods were right on track and completely normal again though. Pregnancy and birth is a massive event, so it's normal for it to take some time to get back into a pattern.

it can take time try not to worry

Thanks for the replies ladies. I think I might get some blood tests done because I was very anemic after the haemorrhage and I'm feeling totally wiped out even though baby is sleeping the night.

I'm 6 months postpartum and still haven't had a proper period! I had a week long thing of pink spotting and very very slight bleeding but nothing like I used to have. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"