No period, blood tests normal. Help!

peanutbuttery

Reaction score
Hi all,

Really hoping someone can offer me advice as driving myself bonkers trying to find an answer!

I came off bcp (loestrin) in November 2012, 8 months ago....had one period 34 days later, one 35 days after that...then......NOTHING! I'm officially on CD135. :nope:

I've been taking vitex/Angus castus for 45 days....nothing! No ewcm or temp changes either.

Blood work (full hormone tests) came back normal except slightly low white blood cell count. GP sent me for ultrasound which is due tomorrow. I'm skeptical about PCOS as I have none of the physical symptoms and hormones are normal.

Only symptom is massively delayed AF.

Any ideas?

xxxx

I would see what becomes of your scan and if everything is normal maybe suggest a pill to bring on your period?

I had the same after giving birth - no AF for 6 months even though I was bottlefeeding.
My GP sent me for all the tests and all was fine so he put me on Provera to bring on a false AF - Which I've had - now waiting to see if I get a natural AF.

Something similar happened to me. I came off BCP, had a regular 33 day period, then it completely went away! Mine was missing for a full 3 months. I tried everything to bring it back, but in the end, AF just came on her own schedule. Let us know how your ultrasound goes! I've wondered the same thing about PCOS, but I don't have any of the classic symptoms either, except for irregular periods.

Something similar happened to me. I came off BCP, had a regular 33 day period, then it completely went away! Mine was missing for a full 3 months. I tried everything to bring it back, but in the end, AF just came on her own schedule. Let us know how your ultrasound goes! I've wondered the same thing about PCOS, but I don't have any of the classic symptoms either, except for irregular periods.

Update! Well had my ultrasound and they have diagnosed me as pco, just not pcos. I could see the scan on screen and my ovary was enlarged and had a chain of cysts around it. The dr there said you can have pco without abnormal hormonal levels (and so no symptoms). They said the fact that my bmi is well within normal range helps regulate my hormones too.

Sooo basically it seems the tiny cysts mean I will ovulate infrequently :(

Back to GPs next week to discuss next steps.

Thanks lovely ladies! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->