No period when breastfeeding?!

M

Maid Marian

I've just read this somewhere, and am a bit shocked, as I've never heard about this before. Is it usual?

Yeah it's usual! A lot of women don't get AF back until they stop breastfeeding, some when they introduce solids or if you're like me, 2 months after the birth!
BF can be used as a form of contraception, I'd never consider doing that tho!!!

No period for me yet and LO is just over three months :)

So so soooo jealous!!!!!!!! :(

Every now and then i'll think i'm having ovulation / period pains but then nothing! :wacko: Not that i'm complaining! :thumbup: Could get used to this no bleeding malarchy!! Excluding the lochia after birth I've had no period now for 16 months!! :happydance: Would be nice to have none then catch the 1st eggy when TTC number 2 and have a nice loooooooong stretch of no period! :haha: Don't think anyone is that lucky though!! :dohh:

10 weeks here and still no sign :) BEST THING EVER!!

DD 7 months old this week and nothing yet. My friend just stopped after 6 months EBF and 3 weeks after stopping she got AF.

I didn't get mine until 7 months and I started combo feeding at 3 months, so it came back early.

No period for me at 5 and a half months.. fingers crossed it'll be a while yet!

well, my LO was exclusively breast fed for a week and then i switched to exclusively pumping and BAM, 28 days after birth i've gotten my period. grrr!!! how lucky am i!? i know pumping isn't the same as directly nursing, but still......

I'm breastfeeding, and the wicked AF arrived spot on 5 weeks after Elias was born.

9.5 months for me!! It really just depends on your body. Some ladies on here are feeding nearly 2 year olds and still no periods. It can happen!

I didn't have a period for nearly 2 YEARS when I was breastfeeding my son! I had to cut down to boobie snacks every other day before I got my period back... crazy, huh?

10.5months and no period yet. I haven't had a period since May 2009.

Nothing here after 9 weeks of EBF either:happydance:

Sister in Law had her first one last week when her little girl turned 5 months old...she's combi-feeding though.

Mine returned when Harvey was 10 months. It varies from person to person, you might be unlucky enough to get one the first month or you might not get one till after you stop bf. Both are totally normal.

No period here since November 2008. Looks like there might be a bigger age gap between my children than I'd thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->