No period when breastfeeding?!

i havent got af back yet either havent had one since nov 2009

Yes! I haven't gotten a period yet.
My sister who BF for 12 months had no period until she started weaning and having less feeds, so now she's gotten her period and her LO is 13 months old :flower:

baby is 15 months and no period yet....bit anxious as would like to get on with baby number 2 so am using ovulation sticks to see if there is any hope without AF returning.....don't want to have to stop in order to try for another baby.

I exclusively breastfed Bella until she was 6 months and I got my period back at 4 months. I've had 3 periods now since the birth. She just started solids at 6 months too, but I'm still breastfeeding.

So, it's not true for everyone unfortunately.
I'm happy though because we're trying for baby #2 in June 2011.

I BF my first for 13 months without a period and I'm approaching 6 months this time and still no sign! :D

Well I think you mummies who still haven't got AF back are just show offs!!!!!
(sense the jealousy there!?!) :)

Got AF back when LO was almost 12 months.... Would have been great except we wanted to TTC right away!! xxx

I got my 1st period 11wks after Harrison was born. Was disappointed as i had heard women did not have periods whilst bfing xxx

I wish it was right for me :( I bled after the birth for about 9 weeks and was going to start taking the pill after i had finished bleeding, but the next day my periods started and they have been coming every couple of weeks for about 2-3 days. Its horrible, I keep meaning to go to the doctors but i dont think they will be able to do anything about it :(

Yep, didnt get mine til a couple of months after i finished feeding!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->