• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

No period...

erinlynnak

Reaction score
Since getting my implanon, (nexplnon) or implanted birth control that goes into arm, removed, I haven't gotten my period yet. It's been 3 weeks already. Anyone else have it removed? How long did it take to get your period?

I read online that lots of women were ttc right after removal, tested 1 month after removal and were pregnant! That would be a dream, but I just don't think I am. I have been cramping really bad all 3 weeks at random times.

Wondering how long I should wait before making an appointment with my doctor... The nurse practitioner didn't say anything about time between removal and AF. :blush:

It can take a long time. For me it was 6 months before I induced my period myself with herbal remedies. Then I had 2 long cycles (52 and 45 days) where I didnt ovulate at all. Theyve now regulated around 23 days with O on day 6. Ive only really had 4 cycles where ive had a chance, and I had it removed on April 17th last year. Definitely not going down the implant route again.

good luck. I hope everything gets back to normal for you sooner :)

I got mine out and it totally messed up my cycles, I'll never get it again. My cycles have always been long but now they're even longer, last one was 71 days!

It can take from anything from 5 weeks to a year to come back

My first implant I had out 30/3. Had a day or two of spotting then bfp 3/5.
2nd implant came out 13/2 and im still waiting for af...

What herbal remedies did you use?!

It can take a long time. For me it was 6 months before I induced my period myself with herbal remedies. Then I had 2 long cycles (52 and 45 days) where I didnt ovulate at all. Theyve now regulated around 23 days with O on day 6. Ive only really had 4 cycles where ive had a chance, and I had it removed on April 17th last year. Definitely not going down the implant route again.

Even if your fertility came back immediate it was taken out, you still wouldn't have had a period after only three weeks.

Agnus Castus/Vitex is a good herb to regulate out hormones (it doesn't add anything, just works with what you've got).

What herbal remedies did you use?!

I had started taking 1600mg of vitex a day. I took that for 3 weeks before getting frustrated that nothing was changing, before adding 1500mg of Dong Quai a day, and AF started 3 days later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"