No poo for 24 hours +

MrsSixx

Yummy Mummy
Reaction score
Me again! Question about poo this time :wacko:

On Monday LO was pooing a lot more than usual, probably 8 times as opposed to her normal 2 times a day - yellow and very runny.

She didn't poo at all yesterday and so far nothing today either. She is feeding well but does seem to have a little discomfort so am worried she is constipated. Of course, it could just be wind.

Is no poo for this long normal in a 2 week old? She has plenty of wet nappies.

She is also jaundiced so I know pooing is important to clear out the bilirubin :(

It is perfectly normal for BF babies not to do their business for up to 5 days, and they apparently don't get consitpated! So the uncomfortableness is probably wind. If you are concerned talk to your HV.

Is she feeding ok? Have you changed your diet? Plenty of wet nappies is a good sign!

Me again! Question about poo this time :wacko:

On Monday LO was pooing a lot more than usual, probably 8 times as opposed to her normal 2 times a day - yellow and very runny.

She didn't poo at all yesterday and so far nothing today either. She is feeding well but does seem to have a little discomfort so am worried she is constipated. Of course, it could just be wind.

Is no poo for this long normal in a 2 week old? She has plenty of wet nappies.

She is also jaundiced so I know pooing is important to clear out the bilirubin :(

I don't think they are supposed to go that long without pooing when they are so young, especially if she is a bit jaundiced. I would give your home visitor or doctor a ring just to check it out, because as you say pooing is very important to clear the bilirubin out of the system.

Thanks ladies. I am waiting for the community MWs to come back to me as am still under their care for the jaundice. I have just rung the hospital though to speak to the delivery MWs for their opinion and they are going to chase for me. I will leave it a bit longer and then pester my GP.

:)

My LOs went 3 days in the hospital without pooping. Day 4 is when the doctors wanted to do an enema. It's not normal to go that long without pooping at that age. By 4-6 weeks it's normal but not at 2 weeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->