No poop in 14 hours :(

F

FierceAngel

So now my milk is drying up luisa is having more and more ff. I noticed she was screaming before each bowel movement a couple of days ago and mw told me to give her water which i had been... Also to switch to ready made cartons. So her last 6 feeds have been 4 carton feeds and 2 expressed breast milk feedS. But all napies since 10pm last night have just been wet.

what milk is it ? some can cause constipation.... is drawing her legs up and crying alot ???

my mom always told me a little brown sugar in boiled water left to cool it works but personal preferance to use the old remidy or not ..

if your worried take baby to the doc's x

not sure how it is with babies that are ff, so probs not much good me posting here, but wanted to say that layla didnt poop for almost 3 weeks and she's totally fine. the doc prescribed laculose which didnt actually work as she wasnt even constipated, was just absorbing everything. if she's in discomfort then go see your doc, but if she seems happy enough i wouldnt worry. the poo will come! :) good luck x x x

Jack did this when I first changed him to formula I just gave him 2 oz of water a day in small amounts and he went on day 3. Still keep an eye on him thou and offer water if I'm getting concerned. If concerned contact your hv or dr as they can prescribe something for it

Jack did this when I first changed him to formula I just gave him 2 oz of water a day in small amounts and he went on day 3. Still keep an eye on him thou and offer water if I'm getting concerned. If concerned contact your hv or dr as they can prescribe something for it

My son (who is also called Jack funnily enough) I think may be going through the same thing. He hadn't done a poo for a while until the other day on my lap. He seemed to be a little extra screamy that day, and when i was burping him.

All of a sudden he let out a "HUH!" his face went bright red. I popped him up to have a look (i just changed him prior to this *shake fist*) and he done an almighty crap. It was actually pretty solid. I could see why he was a little extra upset through out the day. Prior to this poo, it was a good 2 days.

Oscar goes sometimes a few days without going , His maximum is once in 24 hours ..

HV told me not to worry unless its like pellets when he does go or he seems to be struggling passing.
I tried the cooled boiled water and rubbing of the tummy, But he only goes when he wants lol its deffinatley runny and not pellet like so im not worrying anymore.

Good luck . x .

i remember asking my gp about maddi's bowel movements and they said anything up to a week is ok honey, but maddi wasn't in any discomfort with them, so i'm not much help :hugs: x

brookes going through the same thing so i prob wont be much help to u either, im trying the water, but not to sure if its working or not :(

I had a days where I worried about no poo, I was told it can be normal, and just try water.

unfortunatly she is in pain really straining :cry:

with an exploding poop every so often..

dr said to put brown sugar in her water...

think i might try this. Ive jsut been trying water but it doesnt seem to help. Everytime i think she is going to do something her wee face goes all red as if shes pushing something out but nothings coming :( i hate the thought of her being in pain :cry:

I think the cause may be the switch to formula. It will take a bit for your LO's digestive system to get used to it.

Have you tried gripe water? Whenever Chase had a bad day, gripe water helped him have a bowel movement.

I think the cause may be the switch to formula. It will take a bit for your LO's digestive system to get used to it.

Have you tried gripe water? Whenever Chase had a bad day, gripe water helped him have a bowel movement.

oo i will try tht tomoz thanks

she seems to go more on the cow and gate then the aptimal... i switched from cow and gate as i thought it mite be the cause of her sickness..

considered trying sma

god it will look like a formula shop here if i buy anymore brands!:dohh:

think i might try this. Ive jsut been trying water but it doesnt seem to help. Everytime i think she is going to do something her wee face goes all red as if shes pushing something out but nothings coming :( i hate the thought of her being in pain :cry:

she is drinking water better now!

he did say a small amount though and it has to be brown for some reeason.. also helps if the water is warm...

she seems to go more on the cow and gate then the aptimal... i switched from cow and gate as i thought it mite be the cause of her sickness..

considered trying sma

No, don't switch brands. Stick with one for awhile as switching brands will make it worse hon. How long has she been FF and how many times have you switched?

my mums bringing brown sugar home 2nite, so will try it. I was in tears today as she was so red in the face and i just knew she was in pain and im sooooooo helpless really :(

considered trying sma

No, don't switch brands. Stick with one for awhile as switching brands will make it worse hon. How long has she been FF and how many times have you switched?

she was bottle fed with EBM for three and half weeks started with formula feeds 3 times a day from 3 weeks..(cow and gate)

it was a small tub and wen it was running low mw told me to use apitimal...

after 3 days on tht i went back to cow and gate as she wasnt pooing on apitmal,,

if tht makes sense!

will stick to cow and gate and see if it settles

from 3 weeks 3 days she

I was told no poo for up to a week was fine as long as they were still passing gas.

xx

considered trying sma

she was bottle fed with EBM for three and half weeks started with formula feeds 3 times a day from 3 weeks..(cow and gate)

it was a small tub and wen it was running low mw told me to use apitimal...

after 3 days on tht i went back to cow and gate as she wasnt pooing on apitmal,,

if tht makes sense!

will stick to cow and gate and see if it settles

from 3 weeks 3 days she

I think the switching is part and parcel of her problem hon. Give it a week or so on cow and gate, use some gripe water (you can use it up to 4 times a day), and lay her on her stomach to nap if you have to. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->