No Poop?? (lol)

MissMandieMitz

Mommy of 2 :)
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone has any idea why a baby won't poop? Lol.

My son hasn't in atleast 24 hours. He's farting A LOT and grunts and almost cries when he's farting. The papers I received from Hospital said to call after TWO days of no bowel movements...but it's only been a day.

I think it's affecting his eating. Or something is. He feeds every 3 hours but sometimes he wont eat more than a half an oz before getting really fussy and refusing to take his bottle. Even if I force it in, he won't suck.

I see the pediatrician on Monday but was just wondering if there's anything I can do now that might help him poop? :dohh:

Theres a few suggestions, like fresh orange diluted right down, or water with brown sugar if I remember correctly?

Gripe water always helped my baby after a couple of hours go for a poo if I thought she was having problems x

Gripe water always helped my baby after a couple of hours go for a poo if I thought she was having problems x

Ive heard of this too and also let some prunes soak in cooled bolied water then remove and let lo drink the water

i just use plain boiled water
emily's the same doesn't poo alot
but water seems to be helping her
it just make the poos a little runnier!

cant use gripe water until they're
a month old which is annoying!
that's what the packaging says anyways!

never heard of the prune idea tho!!

xx​

Oscar is a month old , Feeding 3 oz every 3 hours ..

Still only poops every 1-2 days, I worried like mad but HV told me hun that if its not like pellets when he does go or he isnt straining too much to go then he is A ok :).

Try not worry , I did try cooled boiled water and gripe water and still no affect so i guess its just his way .

Good luck . xxxxxxxxxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"