No pregnancy seen at 6 week scan *FINAL UPDATE*

roxydoodle

Reaction score
UPDATE -

Went for my scan Wednesday morning only to be told I have a corneal Ectopic pregnancy which is basically a pregnancy right on the edge of the tube and in the corner of the uterus (Very dangerous!)

I was instantly put in a blue light ambulance and taken to a different hospital, was operated on that afternoon and I'm now on the road to recovery.

Both my tubes were saved and everything else seems to be fine so believe me I'm going to be back!!!!!!!

Now that I have finally fallen naturally after 4 IVF's and got further down the line with this last pregnancy it has filled me with great hope for the future.

Don't be sad for me I'm being very optimistic for the future now

Take care every & thank you for you your support xxx

I had an early scan (approx 6weeks) on Wednesday due to a light bleed around AF time and have been brown spotting for about two weeks. The nurse flatly told me there was no pregnancy to be seen :cry: (some people have no compassion)

I was told to come back in two weeks for a re-scan! Got home then had a phone call asking me to return to hospital to have my bloods taken so that I didn't have to wait two weeks. The general opinion was that I have had another early miscarriage.

Anyway I got my blood results today which were 1260 so I was asked to go back in for another set of bloods to compare.

OMG I am just so confused :nope: I just don't know what to think????

So sorry you are going through this!!! I hope for you, maybe your dates are just off. I had something similiar happen with my first one. A late sac showed up in week 6, but a baby either dissolved early or never developed (checked at 7 and 8wks to see if I was just off on my times...which I knew I wasn't because I had been TRYING to conceive). they called it a blighted ovum. I hope that this is NOT the case for you!!! (((HUGS))))

i have my fingers crossed for you that it all works out for the best for you x

So sorry to hear your worries, hopin they are wrong and everything works out xxxx

I have had the same had a scan today and they can see a sac but no baby so have to go back in a fortnight for another scan. very confused!! fingers crossed for us both xx

I have had the same had a scan today and they can see a sac but no baby so have to go back in a fortnight for another scan. very confused!! fingers crossed for us both xx

Thats encouraging at least. When I was pregnant with my daughter i had to attend the early preg clinic due to pains, they couldnt see anything until 6.5 weeks and was only a yolk sack as they called it. It was 7 weeks before heart beat could be seen.

:dust:

ooh that makes me feel a little better x

Tash - Why don't you ask for your bloods to be taken? It will save you a two week wait of agony and suspense :wacko:

Unfortunately they didn't even mention seeing a sac on my scan. It's such a head :headspin:

sarah

Sorry to read this thread. Sounds exacty like my last pregnancy, including the lack of compassion. Unfortunately mine ended in the worst way, but my bloods were so much lower than yours. They went from about 625 to 150ish in 2 days. Lets hope yours rise and prove that horrid nurse wrong. Hugs. X

you must be really upset :( dont give up hope yet though your dates could be out? even by a week is enough to throw everything off. with my ectopic a consultant told me they should always be able to see a sac by 5 weeks. I Really dont hope you think im being negative im just passing on what iv been told. I aslo had a very early mmc and it was causing havoc because my blood numbers were pretty decent but it was just the sac producing the hormones. I dont understand if theres no sac how your numbers are at that, maybe its indicating its just too small (early) to be seen yet? also did they sonographer say anything about the position of your uterus? a friend of mine went for her 12 week scan and was told no baby but after another scan they told her baby was fine its just her wombs tilted back?

all the best i hope you see something at your next scan

xxxx

hi, just wanted to say i have my fingers X'd for you. I see your from larkfield, I am from Maidstone myself :) Good luck xx

Thinking of you and let us know how things go x

Well Once again the hospital haven't rang when they said!! I'll have to wait until the morning again. I feel another sleepless night coming.

HI ROXY,I WANTED TO SAY TO YOU AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO IS GOING THRU SAME THING NOT TO GIVE UP HOPE!! SOMETHING SIMILIAR HAPPENED ME IN MY 2ND PREGNANCY,NO BABY IN SACK,BAD PAINS,AND CRAMPING AND SICKNESS,WAS ASKED TO GO BACK A WEEK OR SO LATER FOR A RESCAN AND SURE ENOUGH THERE WAS A LITTLE DOT WITH A HEARTBEAT!! PLEASE GOD YOU WILL BE FINE xx :hugs:

My heart goes out to you....stay positive things could turn for the better before you know it.

Hugs honey, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->