• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

No progression... Feel like I'm losing it... Help!

AliDubs

Back at it!
Reaction score
I have had two miscarriages in the past 10 months so I am extremely sensitive and extremely paranoid I will have another and my lack of progression on pregnancy tests is adding to this.

I've attached an image of tests from 19dpo, 22dpo and 23 dpo all taken around the same time of day and there is no difference except that the control line on the right appears darker on the 22 and 23 dpo ones which is concerning... :cry:

Has anyone had anything similar happen and things be ok?

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
I think the last one looks darker. Early pregnancy is so hard. Hugs!

Yes, it really is hard, isn't it? Thank you.

Those look great to me!! Some tests just take a while to darken.

The tests look just fine!! Remember that urine tests are just meant to tell you you're pregnant - they do not have the sensitivity to accurately gauge your hcg levels beyond a certain point . Once they get as dark as yours they really can't give any other information - only your blood tests can do that. You are pregnant - congratulations :) . There is a very real possibility you will bring new life into the world soon. Work with your doctor to manage any risks and try your best to take it one day at a time. Hoping for you that this will be your rainbow!

Thank you so much. I am going to keep positive and put away the tests. This is adding more stress to the situation than I need and you're right - there is still a good chance I may bring a baby into the world :). The hardest part is accepting you have no control but I'm going to work on coming to terms with that and just enjoying the moment! x

Those tests look great to me but please, stop testing :hugs: it is hard but at this point you will make yourself worry for nothing, line progression tends to only apply in circumstances when the first line is very faint and remain very faint, you've got strong positives.

I am officially stepping away from the tests, promise:thumbup:

I agree with others and commend you for walking away from the tests! :) I had to learn the hard way.

That said, those look good to me. It looks like they might be $ store tests--are they? If so, to make you feel better...Around 14-15 DPO I bought a bunch of $ store tests and over the course of 2 days they were getting successively lighter. I freaked out and bought some FRERs, which were nice and dark. I continued to test with the $ stores and FRERs at the same time, and the FRERs got darker while the $ stores got lighter.

I don't think much of the $ store tests for progression. For yes or no, I think they are great, super sensitive, but I think there is a lot of variability in how the test strips are produced, so I don't think individual tests can be compared to one another (as you noted with the variety in control line darkness). I think FRERs and Wondfos are great for progression--I've had great experience with both.

Please do not use HPTs to gauge your pregnancy progress, it will drive you nuts. I for one had my tests getting LIGHTER and was convinced it was over. Well I just saw my baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound today and everything looked good, I am even 2 days ahead of where I thought I was. So please try not to stress over it, and even stop testing if you can. You'll feel much better. You got your positive and that's all you need. Those tests are qualitative not quantitative.

Thanks to you both WantsALittle1 and Wonderstruck for sharing your experiences with tests not doing what you expected them to and causing concern... I feel a lot better knowing I am not alone in this experience.

WantsALittle1 - Yes, these were dollar tests. Serves me right for being cheap!

I put testing out of my mind and a new symptom even appeared today which has further put my mind at ease - never thought I'd be so happy to have the nausea hit :happydance:

Now I just need to keep it together until my scan in 3 weeks~!

You can do it! So many of us are in the same boat with you, just waiting for that first scan!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! :flower:

And what an exciting and crazy boat it is ;-)

My tests were lighter on 16dpo than 14, so I made myself walk away too. Based on the kicking currently going on I'm pretty sure it didn't mean anything. Lol.

My tests were lighter on 16dpo than 14, so I made myself walk away too. Based on the kicking currently going on I'm pretty sure it didn't mean anything. Lol.
Lol - I would say so! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"