No rubella antibodies again!

Gilly74

Reaction score
Had mw appt today, I am having baby number 2, and yet again I have no rubella antibodies.
I had the rubella jab at school when I was 12, and the MMR after my son was born, I have to have the MMR again after this one is born..
Has anyone ever heard of this or am I weird?

But the mw appointment went well, heard baby hb for the first time :thumbup:

Sorry I'm pregnant with first I was surprised when they told me I have no antibodies when I had the jab at school I was also surprised to find my blood group b+ thought I would be the usual o or a lol didn't want to read and run

Yes it happened to me some people just don't get immunity to certain things so don't think you are strange! They are not supposed to give you the jab more than so many times in a certain time frame (though I can't remember wat this is) so I would double check that you are to have it after you have this baby! it has not been mentioned to me this time I was just told I wasn't immune again!

i had the MMR when i was a baby and now i dont have any antibodies... and im only 21

the antibody does wear off...its not a lifelong shot. More people are not immune that one may think. Dont worry you are def not alone, I and 3 of my pregnant friends are all not immune any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->