No Scan Until 20 Weeks

bucherwurm

Reaction score
Hey first-tri ladies.
I am in Ontario and I guess procedure for "normal" pregnancies is to offer a 12 week scan to check for fluid (IPS scan, or Nuchal scan). This is optional, and I didn't want the added stress of it, so I declined. So now I won't have a scan until around 20 weeks, which isn't until the beginning of October!
I should get to hear the heartbeat at my next appointment, which is 4 weeks and I would be 14 weeks.
I am worried to announce things before even hearing the heartbeat, but it is hard to think about going to 20 weeks and maybe finding something wrong then. Am I just a worrier? Who else hasn't had one, or who won't be getting one until 20 weeks?

Could you get a private scan, just for fun? Sometimes at 14 weeks you can even tell the gender!
I didn't have a scan until I was 20 weeks with my first pregnancy, and SURPRISE, there were two babies! I wish I would have had one sooner, but they were healthy, so that's all that matters. I think that if you hear the heartbeat at 14 weeks, then you are in a safe zone to make your announcement. First tri poses the highest risk, and if you hear the heartbeat, the risk is even lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->