No show at the baby shower

3rdTimesCharm

Reaction score
I just had my baby shower yesterday & only a few showed up. people sent me text messages, emails & messages on Facebook asking me what I wanted/needed & they didn't show or RSVP. Talk about a bad day, I haven't been sad in a long time but yesterday just made me sad. Not asking for a pity party I just think I am a hormonal pregnant woman that needed a good cry. I must say I am so thankful for my Church family, not sure what I would do without them.

:( this makes me very sad. I would have cried too! Do you feel you have everything you need for the baby? Also, you might be surprised when the baby is born as people will give you gifts then too, so all is not lost :)

Its not all about gifts and presents,and id be gutted too at the fact that people did a no show fair enough if they have a valid reason but someppl just cant be assed and dont care to think of others feelings,chin up chick have urself a good cry and some chocolate :D xx

Sorry this happened to you, I am lucky that I have a large family, because my so-called friends didn't show and bunch didn't call or anything at my shower yesterday. I live a couple of states away from where I used to so I hadn't seen anyone in awhile so was looking forward to seeing people. But it was still nice with the people who truly love and care about me.

Thank you ladies, I received a lot of stuff from Church. I really couldn't ask for more. I think my feelings were just hurt because I received the calls with people asking me what I needed & it just bothers me that they didn't show. I have been on bed rest for 3 weeks so I miss seeing friends....

i had a baby shower with my first pregnancy and i wasnt happy with the turnout either....it really does hurt..so sorry you went through this too :(

Sorry to hear about the poor turnout, and I know how it feels. We invited loads of people to our daughter's first birthday, and they all RSVPd, and we spent loads on food etc. I baked loads of things too, but only about 50% showed up. I was so annoyed, and in a way so sad for my daughter that nobody cared enough to let us know. I'm just glad she was too young to realise

I had the same thing happen at my shower... only 2 of my friends showed up... Only one other person RSVP'd, and she didn't show. If it weren't for my MIL worrying and inviting her friends from church last minute, I would have been quite embarrassed with just my 2 friends who showed up. It upset me because friends I've known for years and years, who told me they were coming and had been acting all interested in the baby, with texts and facebook messages, didn't come... but 4 total strangers from my MIL's church, who I don't know at all and were invited last minute, came to support me and even brought gifts for my baby! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but the way I got over it (if I have...) was just by thinking about my little one and how when she arrives, I won't care anymore about my "friends" turning their backs on me (none of the no-shows have spoken to me since the shower and that was over a month ago). I figure it's due to a guilty conscience or they really just don't care at all, and everything before was fake...

With both my first and this pregnancy I have really discovered who my friends are... Its really interesting how people withdraw, its almost like you become a leper!
I am sorry for you, I didn't have any baby shower and it did hurt a little.. but meh...
I have my beautiful man and my lovely baby on the way. I do believe some women just cant handle seeing their friends happy.
My gripe is that when women need each other the most in this day and age they arent there for each other, (not including here of course ;). I really do enjoy the idea of women pulling together through menstruation , birth etc... in tribal communities.
we just don't celebrate the important things enough any more.. its a real shame.

I'd be really sad too. Never had a baby shower before with my other 2. Had a surprise one held for me this time which was really nice. Luckily it was just family so they had to show but I've always had a fear of no one showing up which is why I never wanted one. It was your special day and people should have had the courtesy to at least let you know if they weren't going to make it so you didn't have higher hopes. Makes me sad for you (and a little angry too!) I'm thankful you have a supportive church family though. It sounds like a good, positive support group for you and you should feel blessed to have them :) If you had invited me, I would have showed up! Diaper cake in hand. xx
Good luck to you and your bump!

I'm beginning to think that baby showers are something that might get phased out. So many people on here have been disappointed with the turn-out, so maybe it's indicative of how people really feel about attending?

With that said, I think it's downright rude that people would lead you to believe they're going to come, but then just don't show up. I'd LOVE to go to a baby shower, but all my friends have finished having babies!!!

I think maybe we should all just invite those closest to us to our showers, because it's about the quality of friends/family we have, not the quantity.

Keep your chin up and invest your energy into your friends who invest theirs into you. xxxxx

Im sorry! I m scared this will happen to me and i know i will cry! Try to stay positive!

I had no one show up to mine. I think its a bad time of year for people saving for the holidays. I've even had people say sorry they didn't make it but they still want to get me something. I don't expect to get anything to be honest. I know how sad it is though, I just wanted to know someone cared.

Thank you ladies, I feel much better today. I think I just needed to vent & have a good cry. :thumbup:

Same thing happened to me this past saturday!! My friend who threw it invited over 40 people, and over 25 people rsvp'd and about 8 people came, including my sister and best friend. :( It does make you sad, and you certainly have a right to be upset. It's a downer when no one shows up for something that is thrown for you and your to be little baby. Sorry it happened..it does suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"