No sperm, Help! Need encouragement and stories!

Jsjskanamks

Reaction score
Today I went for a post coital test and dr couldn't find any sperm. Not even one. He said my cm looked great but no sperm. My fiance and I are devastated. He will be going for a SA eventually but please can anyone give me stories of bad SA results and what happens from here. :(

My husband has a zero sperm count also, we found out just before we got married last year.
We have been offered funded treatment but we are giving home donor insemination a go first (as it would be donor sperm through clinic anyway, homes less invasive)

But this is our 5th month of trying so we may need to go down the clinical route.
Good luck x

Please try not to panic. Bad SA result doesn’t mean to stay bad permanently. It just means sample at that time was not carrying any significant number of sperms. There are many supplements, medicines and alternatives are available which can change SA results. However, you first need to find out cause for this absence of sperms. Then depending on reason, after consulting your doctor, you can start Wellman or FertilAid for men. There has been amazing reviews for both of these.
Start adding male fertility friend foods in your hubby’s diet. Foods to increase sperm count include foods that are naturally rich in folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, selenium and zinc. Folic acid, selenium and zinc are required for the production of sperm and help to thicken sperm naturally. Vitamins C and E help to protect the sperm from damage and infection. Vitamin A can help to increase sperm motility. Add walnut, garlic, spinach and plenty of other fruits and veggies, frequently in your diet. Please allow minimum 3 months for your sperm to shown any significant changes. Quit smoking and keep drinking to minimal. Good luck for SA results.

Thank you all for your responses <3 I am looking into vitamins now, he takes a mens 1 a day vitamin but I am looking at what we need to add!

Just wanted to share in case anyone ever comes about this thread with a similar story, So me and my fiance couldnt take waiting anymore so what does any crazy ttcer do when they want to know if there's sperm... go buy a microscope. I swear I feel crazy! But so after we dtd we put it under the microscope, we saw sperm swimming around!!!!!! Not many but at I was happy there was even one, and it was only about 4 hours after we dtd earlier. We are gonna wait 3 days then check again! We are soooo happy! Gonna get either fertileaid or fertilityblend for men and hope that helps!

Post coital tests are not very accurate in determining sperm count because our CM is typically hostel to sperm also its possible most of them were no longer in there when he did the test , I am glad you bought a microscope to see the sperm for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->