No stretch marks at 38 weeks - home free?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by flashy09, Nov 19, 2011.

1. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

So far no stretch marks! NO idea why not, as my thighs got some during puberty and my Mom has plenty from me. But I will take it! What are the chances of getting them now in the last 2 weeks? Will I get much bigger? My weight seems to have stabilized in the last week (stayed same from 37 weeks), but my belly has grown from 35/36 weeks so I assume still growing some. Anyone get them right at the end?

2. bean85

bean85 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same position haven't got any yet but have some on my thighs from previous weight loss so was expecting them, my friend had none until he was born but they eventually went after few weeks will look forward to seeing what people put x

3. TiffanyF

TiffanyF Well-Known Member

Sshhhh don't jinx us by talking about it! lol. I have none either... Hope i'm home free too! lol

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

lol i was no stretch marks at 41+12 with ds1 i had him 41+13 in the wee hours of the morning,and went to sleep by 9am i woke up with stretch marks

5. gemmy

gemmy Well-Known Member

It's looking good for you all! I didn't get any and was surprised as have them on thighs from teenage years. I only gained a little one on breast when breast feeding but that has faded now. I did get a bit bigger in last two weeks but it was more to do with him moving down. I didn't have a massive bump though, he was just 6lb 8oz. Keep applying the oil/cream though but good luck!

6. AmyR

AmyR Mother of 2 girls!

I am almost 40 weeks with none, none last pregnancy but I am feeling VERY tight and stretched....Im worried about them! I have previous stretchmarks on my hips from puberty, which are very light and faded, maybe they allow for the belly stretching! :)

Good luck! It would be awful to go this far and THEN get them!

7. roseyblossom

roseyblossom Pregnant with #2

Well i'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get stretch marks however i did hear many stories where women had no stretch marks during pregnancy but how it appeared after birth :wacko: lol in fact i remember seeing some posts how they were free from stretch marks till 39 weeks and suddenly it appeared overnight before due date :shrug: but like i said i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for us all that we don't get any!

8. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I am scared to look these days now that I am quite big! Sometimes when laying on my side I can just about feel my skin getting stretched over my ribs....I didn't really care about stretch marks in the early days and assumed they would come, but now that I am so close and have my hopes up I really don't want them! Good luck to us all!

9. Sweetk1

Sweetk1 Well-Known Member

I got mine at about 38 weeks. I swear I had one tiny little line about an inch long, within 2 days the bottom half of my stomach was covered!

10. franny_k

franny_k Mummy to Grace and Jude

No stretch marks from either pregnancy and I put on an INCREDIBLE amount of weight. Think a lot of it was fluid, plus DD and this baby are big uns! Think I was/ am just lucky but, for me, there is still the possibility of them arriving once baby is here!

11. HollieQ

HollieQ Well-Known Member

i'm overdue and so scared i start getting them now, as i do get bloated, not bigger but stretched more than ever - or get them when i deflate after labour!

Argh! I'll let you know! :flower:

12. katree

katree Well-Known Member

On my first baby I didnt get any stretch marks until after I had her and thats when I noticed them, hope u dont get any xx

13. Munchkinn_

Munchkinn_ Mummy To Daniel

i had one that went inbetween the scars from my belly button piercing , where my belly button has popped out, so can easily disguise this after ive had my baby but then i woke up one day this week with stretch marks at the bottom of my bump and the top of my right leg. :(

14. scaredmmy2b

scaredmmy2b Mommy to a perfect son!

Im only 28 weeks and i have stretch marks and im not that big yet so im just hopeing im not covered completely :(

15. sun

sun Mum of 3

I'm only considering myself to be home free now that I'm 2 weeks PP! :haha: I know a few people who got them after they had their babies! They went back to their pre-pregnancy shape quickly, but the fast change left stretchies! x

16. Poppeteer

Poppeteer Well-Known Member

Yup, I got a few after the pregnancy....nothing before apart from my boobs, then a few weeks after baby came out, and I lost some weight did I see the stretches :wacko:

17. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

Don't bet on it :haha: - I had none with my son, until after I had him, then I only got 1, very unnoticeable but still there.. I think your prob more likely to get them after the birth tbh cos at least in pregnancy you gradually grow, some ppl pop straight back after birth (like I did) so I wouldn't count your chickens just yet lol

18. carter3737

carter3737 Well-Known Member

I thought with my first that I had lucked out and didn't get stretch marks but as soon as I delivered and my stomach went down I had those lovely white ones. I have a few purple ones kinda by my hips. Hopefully you will luck out!!

19. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new ladies but I went right up to labour without stretch marks.

And then got them when DD was born.. And let me tell you it was one big stretch :rofl:

20. Omi

Omi A Mummy At Last!

..hm, this is all really food for thought, lol! Ive got none so far and mum keeps telling me how she got none when she had me but reading this im thinking i defenitely shouldnt count my chickens until well AFTER birth :haha:

Good luck everyone! :flower: