No support. Anyone else?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Everyone was ecstatic when I announced I was pregnant with DD.

My last pregnancy which ended in a MC was a different story though. My mum said she would stop supporting me and the babies. (She doesn't provide financial support or anything, she helps by looking after the baby sometimes and acts as a friend to me wen I need to talk). Her best friend told me there was something wrong with me mentally as "I got knocked up when my sick baby was only 4 months old.. And that I should see a therapist"

I'm so scared to tell people I'm pregnant again. I want this bubba very much but I also need the support of my mum. She's my best friend and the one I turn to for advice. I'm only 20 btw. A week ago she mentioned again that if I were to get pregnant she would not support me.
She doesn't really like my boyfriend either, which doesn't help. He is super excited about my pregnancy as he was with the last one.

Anyone have some advice? Anyone in the same boat? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

I can't relate and I don't have any advice but I wish I could give you a hug! I am so sorry :( you are an adult in a relationship, I can't see how on earth your mother has a problem with that, or what makes her think its her business to dictate when you can and can't have children!

My mother has told me I should get a smashmorshion (I hate the actual word lol) with allof my children even this one ! I've been married for 4 years and with my husband almost 8 years. She LOVES my 2 kids to death but she lives far enough away that she doesn't babysit or anything. It's upsetting but I've come to expect it and I know she will love this baby just as much and make the trip to come to the gender ultrasound. I just ignore it now lol

Hey there,

I remember you on here from when our babies were born in January :)

I'm sorry I can't really relate. But like NDH said, it's up to you whether you and your partner have children. Good luck to you!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"