No symptoms? looking for reassurance

sweetmere

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy. I'm due March 13, which is the same due date I had with my daughter. I'm only 4w3d which I know is early, butI was already super nauseous, sensitive to smells, gagging, cramping, etcetera at this point with my daughter.

I have *no* cramping which from what I've gathered is usually a bad sign. Almost every thread where the person is weirded out by no cramping, they have a miscarriage and it's freaking me out. Before I stupidly googled it, I immediately thought it was a bad sign because I feel like it means my uterus isn't stretching.

I have sore boobs and tests are super dark still, but I feel fine. The lack of cramps worries me the most as I know morning sickness can come later or not at all, but I am seriously begging for symptoms at this point and have a horrible feeling. I don't have an appointment with my OBGYN until August 4, and I won't get an ultrasound then. I'm just so worried.

EDIT: I had a miscarriage July 17...

Anxiety like this is normal and most newly pregnant people go through this at some point! Try to remember you can't change the outcome by worrying.
I am 5 weeks today and I have very very mild symptoms. Some days I feel completely normal! Try to enjoy feeling good x

I didn't have any cramping either and I was nervous about it because i've always had AF type cramping associated with my pregnancies. However I had an ultrasound at 5W3D and...I was measuring 5W3D! GL

It's normal to worry your not alone I was worried in the beginning cos I had no symptoms then they kicked in at 6 weeks and I feel horrible!
Not having cramps isn't a bad thing! Cramps can mean either outcome some people there normal but for others it's a sign something's wrong
My last two loses I had cramping this pregnancy I'm not cramping at all and bubs is healthy so try not to read in to every symptom your fine :)

Thanks ladies. Hopefully everything is okay...

sweetmere, as someone who has had pretty much 0 symptoms since I found out I am pregnant, I've googled the hell out of the internet, and there are two very important points that I've found, specifically from medical websites.

1) Being asymptomatic is common and should not be interpreted as something being wrong.

2) The time to worry is when you're cramping AND bleeding.

If you think about it, cramping often happens when the uterus is expanding and stretching. We're in our early weeks yet, and it's likely that we're not stretching too much at this point. You are probably not feeling the growth yet, which I would suspect is not a problem.

:hugs: I know it's hard, I'm finally pregnant after a loss and 1.5 years of trying. It's hard not to overanalyze everything.

Oh and I just found a couple of interesting tidbits - no cramping in your second pregnancy is pretty common because your uterus has already done the stretching. Your cramping may also not be as severe if you have a good supply of calcium and magnesium.

Thank you ladies but my intuition was right unfortunately. I started miscarrying the day before yesterday. I am so heartbroken. I was just starting to feel positive last week about this pregnancy. This is the hardest thing I have ever been through, right up there with post-partum depression. I am devastated.

I didn't have any cramping this time round - if you've had a baby already your uterus is already pretty stretched (that's my theory anyway!). I'm sure there'll be stretching pains a bit later on but I haven't felt much yet and my baby appeared to be fine when I had my scan yesterday.

Try not to worry.

Thank you both but unfortunately I lost the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->