No trust in internet cheapies

browneyedgrl0

Reaction score
I'm not a big internet cheapie user but the times I have used them i have never had a problem. Never showed Evaps and only had lines when I was pregnant. Sothis time around I figured I would give them a try again mainly because fairhaven health was trying out a new supplier and was giving a deal on them. So I got a pack of 25. I wanted to test them out to make sure it didn't leave evaps and whatnot so I took one at 5dpo because I knew there was no way for bfp that early..lo and behold it was a bfp..not an evap, not a squinter. It was there. I took two tests a day after that. One in the morning and one at night. most were positive but some were negative. Some squinters, some more obvious but still on the lighter side...so yesterday at 12 dpo (I think. Could be 10, 11 or 12) I took another one and it was the darkest positive I have had yet so I ran out and got a free. Stark white bfn. I don't understand how I had so many bfp's if I'm not pregnant. I mean they pick up hcg right? I don't get it.

Oh wow that's insane I've never seen anything like that. The 5dpo looked a bit thin but 12 dpo looked definite bfp. Maybe they are more sensitive than frer but that's never happened to me. Gl hun x

Thank u....I guess it's a wait and see type thing. Ad is due in 2 days although I could have ovulated a day or two late so I may only be 10 or 11 dpo. Who knows but thes cheapies are so confusing to me. How can they be picking up hcg if there is no hcg to pick up? Although I have never gotten a bfp on the new style of frer either so idk

And it came up within the time limit? I'd just be surprised to have such a dark line and nothing on frer

Yes line came up within 20 seconds...but the line came up that quick on all of them including the one at 5 dpo....the couple of bfn's that I had still don't have a line days later....but stark white bfn on frer....idk if maybe the new carrier supplying the ic's are just horrible tests.

i think its probably safe to say they are dodgy tests cos if they were giving you lines at 5dpo and that was 5 days ago it should be registering on the frer. But just because they are faulty tests doesnt mean you are out as 10dpo is so early, hang in there.

Thanks...I'm trying but losing hope fast...I've been ttc for 3 years now. I got pregnant in feb but it ended in a chemical pregnancy....

Oh I'm so sorry that must be so hard. The longest I was ttc was 2yrs and 3 months and that was torture. I was totally convinced it wouldn't happen. I hope this is your month. It makes those tests extra cruel x

sorry for your loss they do look positive good luck

I'm so sorry :hugs: I've got everything crossed for you :hugs:

Thanks ladies...this has been torture. I got so excited seeing those bfp's. Then to get the bfn frer was disheartening. I hope I'm still in for a chance. Af is due in 2 days so I'm gonna wait to test until then. I'm so tired of the bfn...

Definitely still in with a chance. What about trying another brand?

I was thinking of trying clearblue plus or minus but I hear such bad things about blue dye. I always thought frer was the best so that's what I went with...

Yeah I thought that too but I've heard complaints about the new ones. It wouldn't do any harm to see what a cb does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->