No ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by tabitha561, Jan 25, 2011.

1. tabitha561

tabitha561 Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle

I havent had an Ultrasound since I was 16 weeks. The doctor said he wasnt going to another one until im 26 weeks is that normal? Everything looked great at the 16 weeks ultrasound. I have had severeal doctor appoitments since 16 weeks and will have one once a month.I heard the heartbeat on both times. Should I book a private one its only 75 dollars what do you think?

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

I'm surprised you wont have one around 20wks. They typically do the anatomy scan here at 18-22wks so 16wks would have been a little early but maybe they did all those measurements then. I know I had my anatomy one at 18wks and I won't have another u/s at all unless something is wrong

3. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

Unless there is something concerning, most women wouldn't have any more ultrasounds past 20ish weeks. :)

4. zippy4

zippy4 Well-Known Member

Was your scan at 16 weeks the anomaly scan? If it was then it is completely normal that you aren't due another scan. In the UK unless there are having issues, you only get 2 scans, one at 12 weeks and the anomaly scan (usually 18-22 weeks). If it wasn't your anomaly scan then it is a bit strange, as its seen to be the BIG scan where they look closely at measurements etc and look for any potential issues xx