• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

no welcome drinks

yeh youre right ive just checked my quote and it said this price is subject to vat :growlmad: it best not go up again anytime soon x

princesseliie- its already gone up this month to 20%. This is why Im livid- because my venue have seen this opportunity to increase their prices by almost 30%!!!

Anyway, I just thought earlier of my original plan- a hog roast. Ive texted a few of my close family members and they all text back 'yum yum'. Its £18.95 per person- and includes all the salads and side dishes, I'm going to try and swindle some more extras from them with it too. This way, people can eat what they want and how much they want and if I serve it at 6:30 then it will last longer too than a sit down meal- probably untill 8:30 and then I can serve the cake as nibbles for the night time. Its fun and different...just another option to consider.

Thats terrible that they've put their prices up by 30%, do you have a contract? Our contract says 'prices are subject to VAT' which basically means they can change the price according to the current VAT rate, but only that. It seems really unfair to do that to you at the last minute. I mean the VAT only went up 2.5% why do they need a 30% increase!!

I think a hog roast is a nice idea though.

Thankfully, our price is inclusive of VAT but the cost per head has gone up by 25p. That we can deal with though!

Thankfully, our price is inclusive of VAT but the cost per head has gone up by 25p. That we can deal with though!

Yeah ours in inclusive too (although when I got the letter I nearly had kittens thinking it wasn't) but I think the clause just means that if there's a VAT increase they can change their quote in line with the increase, so our quote went up 2.5% which is £250. I hope there's no more increases now!

ye its in the contract- I dont mind that the VAT has gone up- just furious that they saw this opportunity to increase their prices higher than the additional VAT rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"