Non pregnancy cravings.

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Aprilshowers, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Aprilshowers

Aprilshowers Well-Known Member

I'm having these mental cravings for hard boiled eggs at the moment. Have eaten three today already.

What are your non pregnant cravings for?

If you were pregnant already what did you crave?

2. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

Before AF is due i always crave chocolate but non pregnancy cravings mine usually is pasnips :haha: random i know

3. Amarna

Amarna Mother

Most frequently it's chocolate. :)

When I was pregnant I had cravings for pickles, ice cream, chocolate milk and spicy food. But I could not handle eating red meat at all, for whatever reason steak, burgers, etc developed a metallic taste for me when I was pregnant and I just could not handle it.

4. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

my mums craving in pregnancy was toothpaste! back then they didnt realise u wasnt meant to eat it :haha:

5. Aprilshowers

Before Af is due I usually get cravings for cheese and peanuts. I just love cheese and can eat slices just out of my hand. :blush:

6. Aprilshowers

That's an odd one. LOL

I will probably end up getting some weird cravings too when I'm pregnant. I can see myself craving something like sawdust :haha:

7. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

:haha: yeah i think i will crave something that i dont like now like dairy :haha:

8. Princesskell

Princesskell Love my 2 babies

I crave tuna & chocolate but not together!

X

9. anniepie

anniepie Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with AF or pregnancy or anything that I was aware of, I've been through phases of craving broccoli!! I do really like it anyway, but this wasn't just liking, it was proper craving. I think your body can crave foods that it needs, so guessing I may have been a bit anaemic, lacking vit C or something then...

I remember seeing a few years back a programme about strange women's pregnancy cravings. There was one lady who craved plaster, as in on your wall. When she started, there was a little hole just above her bed. She said she touched it, got some plaster on her finger, and then by accident it ended in her mouth...she then couldn't stop, and by the time she was heavily pregnant, she'd EATEN a HUGE hole in her wall!!

10. mommy2be1003

mommy2be1003 Mommy of 1

thats funny because i eat about 2-3 hard boiled eggs a day at work!

11. Oobies

Oobies 4yrs LTTTC with PCOS

I did go through a phase where I was craving anythink Artificial Banana (lollies and banana flavoured milk ect.)
    Although thinking of it now, that was around the same time as my chemical...

I usually go through phases. One month it will be Classic Flavours (from Red Rooster), another month Smarties...One month all I craved was Big Mac sauce! I actually would go to Maccas and buy little tubs of it with chicken nuggets =P
    Sometimes it's chocolate.
    It's normal to crave sweet things because of AF, because AF lowers your blood sugar levels, apparently (so I've read anyways lol)

I've also gone off stuff like red meat, hambugers, and KFC...none of this was ever to do with pregnancy though (though I did suspect it at the time).

When my sister was preg, all she craved was iceblocks! :haha:

12. sandflower

sandflower Well-Known Member

bringing an older thread back....

I've been craving collard greens, can almost taste them. Hated them when younger.

13. Mrs_T

Mrs_T Well-Known Member

My non pregnancy craving is peanut butter! I LOVE it! On toast, in sandwiches even on a spoon on its own!

I even googled to check whether I'll be able to eat it when pregnant as there was a big hoo ha about eating peanuts when pregnant and links to allergies. Luckily for me the food standards now say it's ok to eat it when pregnant!!! I'd imagine I'd crave things like peanut butter and cheese when pregnant, as I go through phases of craving them now!

At the moment I'm also making sure I eat things love, like brie and pate while I can as I'll miss them when I do get pregnant!

14. everdreaming

everdreaming Guest

I get non pregnancy cravings ALL the time. The other day I was just sat on the train craving gherkins, so I bought a jar and sat on BnB eating them!!! :dohh: