Non-Stop signs, no baby :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Stacey89, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Stacey89

Stacey89 Mother of 1

I am due on Saturday. I was 1cm dilated at 34 weeks, I have been having braxton hicks since I was 27 weeks, I have been having heavier contractions since I was 36 weeks but they aren't at a consistent rhythm. I have been having very consistent BM's the last 3 days, my stomach is consistently hard for the last 3 days as well, the baby is dropped very low to the point my doctor almost didn't book me an appointment this week because he thought I would be in labor by now as well. What is going on?!
    It is the worst feeling going through the day timing these contractions and none of them are 5 minutes apart for atleast 20 minutes, and thinking everyday is THE day then nothing... I can't handle feeling like everyday my baby will be here then she's not. Has this happened to anyone else? What could I be doing?

2. Gemble

Gemble Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened to me! But have u tried all the normal things like bouncing around on a birthing ball, walking, sex? :D

Xxx

3. Stacey89

Stacey89 Mother of 1

Yeah i have :( The only thing I haven't been trying is castor oil because I heard if it doesnt work all it does is give u the runs lol

4. BabiNo2

BabiNo2 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately these symptoms can last a while, maybe even another week. I have been the same, everyday thinking today was the day and I get so disappointed by bed time. Its my due date today and I just have this gut feeling now that I will be late and will be induced by end of next week. I've been trying everything as well but nothing has worked. x

5. loobylou29

loobylou29 Well-Known Member

exactly the same here, have had a little show, plenty of mucus plug, cant walk because baby feels so low and was up till 5am last night with contractions and STILL no baby :o( i was due on the 31st may but the signs started when i was about 30 weeks or so. had a hozzy appoint 2day and am still only 1cm so have booked 4 an induction on sat so at least theres an end in sight now lol xxx

6. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

I feel for you .....it's called Prodromal Labor and can last for weeks! I have been 3cm since last week Wed. Last Sunday night had contractions every 5 mins for 7 HOURS then they died off. Wed I was super crampy with contractions and thought for sure I'd have the baby....nothing. Then this Sunday I had severe back pain with contractions but again NOTHING!!!! I am past my due date, 3cm dilated, have walked, had sex etc and NOTHING! It's getting so disappointing to wake up each day still pregnant. I have an appt tomorrow and going to ask for an induction (baby is measuring almost 1 month ahead) Good luck!

7. BabyBoyNYC

BabyBoyNYC Well-Known Member

due saturday too, and no real signs either. though i have been reading whatever your dilation means, actually means nothing you could be 0cm and go into to labor or 4cm which i find exciting. i have an app today still deciding on wether or not to have a sweep done

8. loobylou29

loobylou29 Well-Known Member

i had my 3rd sweep 2day but im not hopefull to be honest, at the 1st i she could get 2 fingers in and stretched me to 3cm but on the last 2 sweeps i have been 1cm again!?! so apparently undialating lol. it was worth a try tho i guess xxx

9. Lynda09

Lynda09 Mummy to two angel babies

I'm the same I'm due tomorrow and have been having symptoms for about two weeks I'm really struggling to walk as my pelvis hurts where he's so low. I'm fully engaged its so frustrating every time I go to bed I think oh well another day I'm getting so fed up I just want to go into proper labour its like its starting then stopping!

Good luck everyone I hope they come soon!

Lynda