Non-wired/underwired bras

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello

I have always worn underwired bras but I have read that you are not meant to wear these when pregnant - and the underwiring is now starting to dig in and really hurt by nighttime anyway.

I have looked at non wired maternity bras on the M&S website and they look like they have no support at all - they look awful and like they would give you no shape either. I want something that still gives good support - does anyone know if non wired bras do this, or can anyone recommend decent non wired bras? I am quite wary of going into non wired ones but feel really sore tonight so I think the time has come! I don't want to go and get measured because my boobs are really sore!!

It will be interesting to see what people say. At this point not wearing an underwire bra is just not an option for me. My breasts were a fair size to begin with and are even bigger now. If I wear a non underwire bra I am going to be bouncing around and it will not be a pretty or comfortable site. :)

im the same i have to wear wire bras im almost a E i dont even know if theres a bra size for that lol

im the same i have to wear wire bras im almost a E i dont even know if theres a bra size for that lol

When I went in to get a new bra (I outgrew my old DD/E bra already) that would give me room to grow, the ladies in the store predicted I'll be a J when I'm nursing.

WTF -- how will I be able to stand!!! So right now I'm praying and hoping that they are wrong. :)

On another note I've also read that the compression from non-underwired bras when you have large breasts (from the lack of support) can cause the same issues as underwire bras. Go figure.

I just bought a sports bra off ebay (it was a brand new m&s one) I got one cup size bigger and omg its soo comfy!

I had one when I was pregnant with my son and I liked it better than my maternity bra... as I am, well, quite large already, the maternity one felt as though I had no support at all and they felt quite saggy! lol

https://www.bravadodesigns.com/

https://www.bravadodesigns.com/

I went to this site and it has some really nice stuff. Then my hubby asked what I was looking at and said maternity underwear and he asked to see it and started to laugh at me lol. He started to joke that I should just buy some big granny underpants. hahahaha

Yep I'm going for the sports bra option too! Very supportive and comfy x

yeah i was told not to wear underwired ones as it can block milk ducts or something...all ive done is take the wire outta the bras that still fit me! lol just made them a bit tighter at the straps so im still supported! No way im buying new ones until i need to! lol x

yeah i was told not to wear underwired ones as it can block milk ducts or something...all ive done is take the wire outta the bras that still fit me! lol just made them a bit tighter at the straps so im still supported! No way im buying new ones until i need to! lol x

I did the same!!! My boobs are growing more everyday and I couldn't find any nice bra's at tesco that didn't have underwire so I bought a few nice, cheap ones (because i needed a bigger size) and made a tiny slit towards the armpit end of the bra and the underwire pulls right out!

I bought a pair of regular non wired bra from M&S last week. I was feeling uncomfortable on my old wired ones. I tried the sport ones didn't fit me, as my boobs are not that big.

I did the same!!! My boobs are growing more everyday and I couldn't find any nice bra's at tesco that didn't have underwire so I bought a few nice, cheap ones (because i needed a bigger size) and made a tiny slit towards the armpit end of the bra and the underwire pulls right out!

yup too right!! I went up a cup size (yay finally a C cup! lol) but was struggling for money so got one of asda's own, took the underwire out n its the comfiest bra ive ever had! x

Hi - i bought a lovely non-underwired bra from calvin klein - it's really comfy and i still feel sexy (but i am a b cup to start with). Emily do a lovely range aswell - personally i think it is more important than ever to feel good in these things at the moment - you should find that maternity bra's offer good support if you shop around a bit - i like figleaves as they have a huge range online, you can try on at home and it has easy returns.

btw - not to rain on anyone's parade but i was warned off taking wire out of wired bra's as an option - especially if you are bigger. Non-underwired bra's tend to be a different shape and structure and if you take the wire out of underwire it is likely to not offer enough support (because the support is in the wire) and cause damage resulting in the dreaded sagging! Often the straps on non-underwired and mat bra's are wider aswell to prevent too much pressure on your back. Just what i was told (by someone i know in the industry not a sales lady trying to make me buy things) - please don't shoot the messenger!

I've been wearing my shock absorber sports bra that i normally wear for the gym. they can be quite expensive bra's but i got these reduced at debenhams. they are one of the best sports bra's around & offer really good suport.

I was wearing normal under wired bra's before i found out & they felt like they wernt suporting me at all & i couldnt understand why at the time.

I am gonna have to start looking into this soon I guess. I am really worried that they are not going to be supportive as I am mighty big in that department :haha:

Fingers crossed I can find a decent one! x

Last pregnancy the underwire ones were very uncomfortable towards the end. My breasts got so big and stiff. The wireless ones work best at the end and especially when breast feeding. Got a couple of those playtex ones that have great support.

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10965824&sourceid=1500000000000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10965824

Last pregnancy the underwire ones were very uncomfortable towards the end. My breasts got so big and stiff. The wireless ones work best at the end and especially when breast feeding. Got a couple of those playtex ones that have great support.

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10965824&sourceid=1500000000000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10965824

lol... I'm already too big for those, they only go to ddd. :)

lol... I'm already too big for those, they only go to ddd. :)

LOL Oh my! Well they work well for my itty bity titties. Only went up to a D cup while breast feeding. Big for me. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->