Noooo! My first ever hemorrhoid! What do I do?

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
Whyyyy?? I've made it almost to the end of my pregnancy without getting stretch marks or hemorrhoids, and now I can officially say I have BOTH! I just feel like crying! (and I probably will)
:cry::cry::cry:

Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm devastated... I've had loose stools for the past week so I'm guessing that's what has caused it (plus the added pressure of baby weight and whatnot). I've never had one of these things in my life and I have no idea how to treat it. (TMI GRAPHIC) It looks like a little flesh colored seed hanging down from my anus. It burns and it ITCHES LIKE HELL.

So, what do I do now?
Is it going to pop, or bleed?
Do I buy something over the counter to make it go away?
How long will it take to go away?
Please tell me it WILL go away!
Will it get worse during delivery?
Since I have one, will I get more?

Wahhh I'm so bummed about my bum.... :sad2:

Aww!! :( Witch hazel or the peperation (sp) H works great!! I always used witch hazel with mine, I had like 4 of those horrid things last pregnancy and all disappeared!!

Aww!! :( Witch hazel or the peperation (sp) H works great!! I always used witch hazel with mine, I had like 4 of those horrid things last pregnancy and all disappeared!!

Thank you! I think I have some witch hazel... Is it going to hurt to put it on? :(

Just a warning, it will probably get worse with labor. Just keep some tucks pads on hand and take stool softeners after birth for a few days and they should calm down.

Just a warning, it will probably get worse with labor. Just keep some tucks pads on hand and take stool softeners after birth for a few days and they should calm down.

Oh gosh... Worse how? It's already getting worse as the night goes on.. It's painful to stand up, walk and sit down.

Ugh, hemorrhoids suck, don't they? I have found witch hazel to be very soothing...A warm bath with Epsom salts is also helpful- you can do it every day, multiple times if you need to.

Preparation H is very helpful, though I recently read the ingredients and saw it has shark liver oil which freaked me out, but that's just me... I'm sure it's in there for a reason, I just feel weird about shark stuff on my bum! That said, Prep H is soothing as well.

I have them as well, noticed them last week, I've had them before but never this size, mine are like grapes stuck to my bum lol I've left mine alone and they've not been too painful since, I'm a bit about putting stuff on my bum it makes me cringe so I'm hoping the go on their own! I'm also riddled with stretch marks, and have noticed them on my forearms which is weird as iv not put weight on anywhere but my bump! Oh the joys of carrying a mini human around for 9 months :) xx

Thanks girls. I put some witch hazel on it and it's still real sore but less itchy. I just want it to go away! It's so big and gross. :sick:
Anyone know how long it will take to go away? Between the hemorrhoid and my Braxton Hicks I can barely turn over in bed. :( It's going to be a long night.

Mine took 3 weeks to go away. But I used nothing except wet wipes instead of toilet paper.

i have them too and they seem to get worse if i stand too long :( they kind of come and go, yesterday it was so sore but today it feels like nothing is there. i hope yours clear up for you

I got several after I had DD from the constipation I got after giving birth. I upped my fibre intake which really helped.

I've discovered a hemorrhoid about 2 days ago while washing up in the shower. It didnt hurt, it just felt a little weird so I took a mirror to get a good look and saw a flesh colored little ball. I freaked out, I thought I was gonna die. I had no idea what the hell a hemorrhoid was, so I thought I had a tumor on my bum lol. My dr reassured me its not life threatening and to just drink lots of water, increase fiber, take stool softeners and substitute toilet paper with wet wipes. If you're brave, I would recommend pushing the hemorrhoid inside your bum (tmi). It feels so much better. I'm praying I don't have grapes hanging out my a** while giving birth

well first off thank GOODNESS for you it is small and just itches... mine (which I 'think' is just one huge one) is big angry purple almost thing that bleed and burns and hurts SO badly when I go to the bathroom if it is hard, loose, soft, etc. It made me cry..no joke. I use hemorrhoid suppositories, creams, witch hazel pads frozen, ice cubes themselves, and epsom salt bath.

Well if you didn't get them now you'd get them during labor. All the pushing/straining will make them a thousand times worse. I don't want to scare you, but just so you know what might happen.... I didn't get any with my first until labor, then everytime i went poop for about 10 weeks after birth the toilet water was bright red from all the blood. Using witch hazel pads did nothing to help, i had to use Prep H on the inside and they finally got better.

Occasionally they still pop up and will bother me, but most of the time they are gone.

well first off thank GOODNESS for you it is small and just itches... mine (which I 'think' is just one huge one) is big angry purple almost thing that bleed and burns and hurts SO badly when I go to the bathroom if it is hard, loose, soft, etc. It made me cry..no joke. I use hemorrhoid suppositories, creams, witch hazel pads frozen, ice cubes themselves, and epsom salt bath.

I believe mine has turned into this. :( Not sure of the color but it burns, itches, and is now bleeding. I've been putting witch hazel on it but definitely going to get some Prep H in the morning. I had no idea these things were so awful!!! It hurts to sit, stand, lay down... I just want it gone!

Oh boy....I can relate. I had one from my first pregnancy. It just kinda happened all of a sudden from the pressure of baby. My fiber and water intake was already good. Anyway, I remember that little swollen thing hurt like hell. It was sore and pulsated. The only position I had found comfy was lying on my sides, which I highly recommend.

For treatment, continue the witch hazel. Use cotton ball, pour some over and blot it, and if you can keep it in place, do it. I didn't have WH at the time. I used apple cider vinegar. Burned for a few seconds but subsided and it handled the inflammation well. If you have aloe vera gel (organic!), that stuff will soothe it too. Bathe in warm bath with epsom salt. Just lay in there and relax.

What you DON'T wanna do is stay in one position for too long. Don't stand too long. Walking aggravates it. And definitely do not sit too long. Lie down on your side.

When you go poo, I know it hurts but try not to strain the poo out. Deep breathe it out. Omg, trust. You don't want it worse. Do not dry wipe. I suggest always wipe with baby wipes with solution of your witch hazel. If you don't have prep H or tucks cream yet, use olive oil for now on it to keep the hemorrhoid from dry rubbing against skin (shit hurts).

That's all I can think of right now at this time. About me, whatever happened? I was unfortunate :( after the birth of my dd, it never went away, sadly. I still have it but it's obviously not swollen anymore. I can push it in and stays put. I just wish it wasn't there. Ugh! Hope yours goes away!!!

Oh boy....I can relate. I had one from my first pregnancy. It just kinda happened all of a sudden from the pressure of baby. My fiber and water intake was already good. Anyway, I remember that little swollen thing hurt like hell. It was sore and pulsated. The only position I had found comfy was lying on my sides, which I highly recommend.

For treatment, continue the witch hazel. Use cotton ball, pour some over and blot it, and if you can keep it in place, do it. I didn't have WH at the time. I used apple cider vinegar. Burned for a few seconds but subsided and it handled the inflammation well. If you have aloe vera gel (organic!), that stuff will soothe it too. Bathe in warm bath with epsom salt. Just lay in there and relax.

What you DON'T wanna do is stay in one position for too long. Don't stand too long. Walking aggravates it. And definitely do not sit too long. Lie down on your side.

When you go poo, I know it hurts but try not to strain the poo out. Deep breathe it out. Omg, trust. You don't want it worse. Do not dry wipe. I suggest always wipe with baby wipes with solution of your witch hazel. If you don't have prep H or tucks cream yet, use olive oil for now on it to keep the hemorrhoid from dry rubbing against skin (shit hurts).

That's all I can think of right now at this time. About me, whatever happened? I was unfortunate :( after the birth of my dd, it never went away, sadly. I still have it but it's obviously not swollen anymore. I can push it in and stays put. I just wish it wasn't there. Ugh! Hope yours goes away!!!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful info. I'm going to try the witch hazel on a cotton ball right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->