Nooooo not another one!!!!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Midwife at the hospital confirmed today that I yet again have a back to back baby! 4th one to be exact. Why do they all do this to me seriously?! I would love to experience labour where I can feel it somewhere other than my back, such a killer argh x

Highly unlikely in my experience lol. I try exercises off that spinning babies website with birthing ball etc but nothing works. I gave birth on all fours last time and he came out looking up at me with a hand over his face which is the only reason i needed stitches. Ouch, really really dreading it now! I've only ever had gas and air with them all aswel! Don't get me wrong, the first two times i signed the consent form for epidural but by the time the anaesthetist got round to me i was already fully dilated. Last time was so fast i didn't get time to even think about pain relief. Because i know i can do it without epidural i won't opt for one this time as i dont want to end up slowing things down or with an assisted delivery, i know it increases chances of that. X

Oh no - my second was back to back and it imwas so horrific, you poor thing.

My midwife kept telling me that back to back would be no different than my first birth. She was LYING. It was so awful I ended up tearing so badly I need a section this time!

That’s really bad luck having 4 do it - cheeky monkeys!

Oh no - my second was back to back and it imwas so horrific, you poor thing.

My midwife kept telling me that back to back would be no different than my first birth. She was LYING. It was so awful I ended up tearing so badly I need a section this time!

That’s really bad luck having 4 do it - cheeky monkeys!

Oh no did you sorry you had such a bad time! Yeah i reckon back to back is so much more intense than regular labour it must be lol. Last.time when i went in for 3rd induction i wouldn't let them give me the hormone drip or anything as i didn't want contraction after contraction aswel makes me want to die! X

Both mine were back to back too. The spinning babies website has some useful tips though. Mine did turn eventually during labour!

I have had two back to back and two the right way, it's both the same!

Oh is it really?! Ah ok all I've ever heard off everyone is how much worse it is but obviously I have no basis for comparison lol x

Mine was definitely worse with the b2b. Not even on the same scale! And birth no1 was no picnic 😂

I agree, back to back is a killer. I had it first time around, it was horrendous. 2nd baby perfect position not half as much pain whatsoever. Sorry you have another b2b... spinning babies and swimming (hand stands) is all I can advise x

So sorry, my first two were sunnyside up and I do tend to have more back pain during labor anyway so it was really crappy. Last labor she was born the "correct" way but still painful.

All of my first 3 were back to back when I went into labour, I just assume this one will likely be too. I use a pool and sometimes a compress on my back which helps somewhat. I feel for you mamma. I also get annoyed because medical professionals assume a slow birth where mine have come quickly.

I'm glad its not just me then who has them like this. Not one of my friends has had back to back its so unfair lol x

I never thought to ask which way DS was. I'm assuming face down, if they never mentioned anything to me.

Sorry about back to back. x I'm hoping all goes well.

Oh is it really?! Ah ok all I've ever heard off everyone is how much worse it is but obviously I have no basis for comparison lol x

Nah its basically the same! Honestly! You will be fine xxxx

Just to clarify I have given birth 5 times, but drug-free 4 two sunny side up, two normal. xx

My 3 we’re back to back so expecting the same this time! I didn’t find it too much of a bother but obviously can’t compare pain wise as not had a ‘normal’ one haha. Mine didn’t turn during labour either they were all born facing up.

Aww bless you. If they've all been like that then it will likely be the shape of your pelvis is slightly different and that is the way the babies need to position themselves in order to engage and move down. It's a variation of normal.
Back to back labour is harder to manage for sure. You've done it before and you can do it again love. Think of the prize! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->