Norethisterone before short cycle ivf

babies7777

Momma and ttc
Reaction score
My doctor has asked me to take norethisterone betwewn cycle day 16-21 depending on cycle length for 10 days before I start stimms on my short ivf cycle. I didn't think much of it at the time and assumed it was part of the protocol. But I have since spoken with other ladies on the short cetrotide cycle and they never took it so I'm puzzled why I have been prescribed it. I have a regular 25 day cycle and from my reading it seems the medicine is used to ensure you have a period at the right time, but as that is never a problem for me I'm unsure.

If you had this as part of your short cycle can you share why your doctor said to take it or if you just started straight on stimulating and on what cycle day?

Thanks in advance.

I would deff ring them up and ask
I had northisterone to lengthen out my cycles but it didn't work for me

I hope somebody else can help you or your doctor can answer your questions:flower:

Goodluck xx

Babies - my clinic use it to control the start of your cycle. It doesn't do anything other than control when your period starts. My clinic use it as they don't do egg collections every day so they make sure your dates are going to fall in to their schedule. Don't worry - they know what they are doing.

I have done the short protocol with norethisterone, menopur and cetrotide

Hope that helps

Its so they can control the start of your cycle and start stimulating on the right day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->