Normal bloods loss during miscarriage?

lavenderscent

Reaction score
I had an IUI and fell pregnant at first try and was so excited. Then I found out I was going to miscarry nearly two weeks ago at an ultrasound that didn't detect a heartbeat. I was at 9 weeks at that stage. Nothing happened for a while apart from getting bad food poisoning twice in 10 days after eating nothing much different. Then I just lost dark brown tissue for five days, and still felt okay, and yesterday the heavy bleeding started and the cramping began last night. It's been so bad today I'm not able to walk, and even getting five steps to the bathroom is tricky. It became absolutely unbearable and I thought I'm tearing apart inside and it started scaring me a bit. I took some painkillers designed for period pain and it has subsided a bit since then, but I feel incredibly exhausted. My concern is that the bleeding is way heavier than anything I've ever experienced before. Need to change the most absorbing night-time pads every two hours. For how many days have other experienced heavy bleeding and at what stage should I seek medical help? It's evening now and I'm thinking I'll see it's the same for a third day tomorrow and if yes, seek help? Or have others experienced heavy bleeding and cramping for much longer? Thank you

I think it would be appropriate to ask for additional medical advice tomorrow morning. If you start feeling faint or ill I would even suggest calling tonight. My doctor had advised to call about bleeding through a pad every 2 hours if it lasted more than a day.

The first day of bleeding for me was extremely heavy - much more than any period, and comparable to what I exprerienced for the first day or two after delivery of my son at full term. However, it subsided to bleeding like a regular period after about 36 hours.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pregnancy, and hope that your body heals quickly.

Thank you so much Rhiannon. It's my first time going through this and was my first confirmed pregnancy, so I was very worried yesterday, but it has indeed improved overnight, and is now more like a normal period. It's very sad.
I'm sorry for your loss too, and congratulations on your boy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->