'Normal food'

Lauren25

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on how to get LO to eat 'normal food'

When i was weaning him id try him with fruit and veg i had made myself and he'd just gag or be sick. He has jars and he eats amazing with them!

Also with lumps, when we were at MILs house a few weeks ago we stayed longer than expected so he needed dinner and she only had a lumpy jar, he ate the lot and loved it so i tried him for a week at home and he wouldnt eat it, or would eat a little then start gaging!!

I went back to the smooth food as i know he eats it all and well.

But does anyone have any tips to try and get him to eat our food or how to get him to start having some lumpy food??

Do you give him jars or do you make your own? My daughter will only have homemade food, also how old is he as it may just be a phase that he's going through x

He will only have jars, ive tried him with homemade fruit and ved and he either gags or gets sick!! Hes 7 months old and hes done it since i started wearning him at 4 months so i dont think its a phase!!

I really don't know what to say then hun sorry, have you spoke to your health visitor x

How many times have you tried him with the lumpy food and finger foods? It may be that he's so used to having puree that he is sucking food to the back of his throat rather than feeling the texture and realising that he needs to chew. Do you let him play with it with his hands first? - this will allow him to realise it isn't a smooth puree and needs a different approach. Maybe when at MIL's house because it was unfamiliar to be eating there he actually paid better attention to wheat was in his mouth and how to deal with it, then when you went back home he thought "oh this is where I eat my smooth food that I just suck" and so fell in to the habit of not chewing it?????

I found that every time we went up to the next stage of lumpier stuff poppy would throw up from gagging for about 2/3 weeks on/off but then she adjusted. Personally I'd just persevere & accept he'll gag & be sick until used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->