Normal HCG level for 4 weeks?...

Jamie Sue

Reaction score
So I got my BFP at 14 DPO (yesterday). Because of my PCOS and the risk of low progesterone, my doctor asked me to come in for a blood test the same day. I just got my test results back and my progesterone is fine but my HCG is only 316. The nurse said they were a bit concerned, asked if I'd had any cramping and bleeding (which I haven't), and scheduled me to come in and be checked again on Friday. How low is my HCG? What's "normal?" Thanks, ladies!!!

You can't really know by one reading it's Wether it doubles or not om 48 hours. Are the doing another one . Im sure my hcg was 400 and something last pregnancy at 4+4 and I have a healthy 15 month old x

Why do doctors and nurses always scare people by doing that? Honestly your numbers are great. It's not the number that's important, it's how its doubles. There is no way to tell something is wrong by one set of bloods. My levels were only 1046 at 5+4 which is considered very low but our consultant said not to panic till we saw the next results and sure enough they doubled and im now almost 26 weeks. Some ladies don't even get their BFP by 14dpo! I didn't get mine till 15dpo and that was super super faint. No way would my levels have been anywhere near yours. The Range of what's considered normal is huge.

My hcg at 15 dpo was 6. My dr said that meant i was literally pregnant for only a day. So they retested me 48 hours later and i was at 15 which was a little more than double. So Im sure your numbers are fine :)

Here's a chart that shows you're in a perfectly good range, even within the 4-5 week range.

https://www.bloodtestsresults.com/2...d-hcg-levels-charts-at-4-5-6-to-12-weeks.html

Mine was 33 at 12DPO and 148 at 16DPO. They were happy with this as it meant I was doubling every 2 days. Maybe the nurse thought you were further along because 300 seems perfect. Or maybe she mistook it as 4 weeks past conception, not since your last menstrual period? I just looked it up at it says:
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
300 is right in that range!

At exactly 4 weeks my bloods were 193! My doctor wasn't concerned. 2 days later they were 509. I would say your levels are okay hun x

I'm in the same boat! I have PCOS so my RE had me go in for a test at 12dpo and I was at 53. The nurse called me and said she was concerned and thought I should be in the hundred range :wacko: I think 300 sounds great! All that matters is if you're doubling. I'm going back tomorrow for another draw, fingers crossed both of our numbers double! :flower:

I would say that is a very good number according to this: https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

But as the above poster said, the number itself doesn't matter as much as the doubling time so you will probably have to wait until your next blood draw to see how much it increased by.

I appreciate it ladies. You've all helped calm my nerves a bit!

Well I go in Friday morning to have them rechecked... Thinking happy thoughts!!!

juhnayrae, Happy thoughts to you as well!!!!

Just got results from this morning and they are 1123! Yay!!!

My progesterone has dropped from 22.4 to 16.5 so my doctor is starting me on 300mg Prometrium. The level isn't super low (according to what I've read). Is this most likely just precaution?

Yay! Congrats! I got mine back today too - 179! It more than tripled!

I'm on progesterone too, just as a precaution since I have PCOS. I say it never hurts to keep that progesterone level high. The only thing I hate is how messy the progesterone is :haha: I'm already over it!

Yay! Congrats to you too!!! Yeah I'm wondering if my doctor is just being cautious be of my PCOS as well.

BTW What do you mean by messy? Are you on cream progesterone? I guess I got lucky be he prescribed the pill form.

I was prescribed the tab that you insert vaginally. I take it at night and then by the morning some of it leaks out (sorry for TMI!) and gets all in my underwear :wacko: I know people have said to wear a pantyliner, but I hate it! It feels so gross haha. Worth it though, if it means I get to keep my baby all warm and snuggly in there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->