Normal not to ovulate every month??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Misskitty, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Misskitty

Misskitty Well-Known Member

OK, so we've been ttc for about 9 months. For most of that time i have been using OPKs at watching CM etc, and have found that all the signs seemed to point to OV on pretty much the same day every cycle (day 13 of 25 day cycle). Always a +OPK on that day and plenty of EWCM around that time. Last month was my first month charting BBT, and it was pretty much text book temps clearly show dip on CD13 and then big rise in temps immediately after that. Needless to say i was happy with this as it confirmed ov.

But this month i'm now on CD19, and despite getting the +OPKs on cd13, going by my temps i don't seem to have ovulated (i also had very little EWCM this month, every other month i have a lot of EWCM). Obviously i'm a bit concerned and have been reading up on this, i've come across a number of sites and books etc that say that it's perfectly normal not to ovulate every now and then e.g. out of 12 months you may only ovulate for 8 or 9

Is this right??

2. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

Ive heard that it is normal not to ovulate some months too xx

3. Misskitty

Misskitty Well-Known Member

Anyone else got any thoughts on this??

4. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I've also heard that its normal that every so often you won't ovulate one month. Just as long as you regularly OV then its OK.

5. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

OV is only confirmed by a rise in temp for 3 consecutive says. You can get a +ve OPK and still not OV

6. Mrs_N

Mrs_N New mummy

you may get another positive opk later in the cycle - sometimes ytour body gears itself up to ov but doesn't go the full hog! it is also normal not to ov every month.
    :dust: