Normal period 2 months postpartum now nothing for 2 months?

Ckeys0130

Reaction score
Hi! I don't know all the lingo on here yet but here is my situation:
I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on April 7th 2015. I had a period confirmed by the dr as a period not postpartum bleeding on May 7th. I again had a period on June 4th. Now I haven't had a period since then (it's not August 14th). I've felt crampy and nauseated so I took a few tests last month and they were negative. Yesterday I wiped and it was ever so slightly tinged brownish/red. I wiped again and nothing. Today, same thing but slightly darker brown. No red like a normal period at all. And now it's night time and it's stopped completely.
My husband and I aren't trying to have another baby seeing as ours is only 4 months old but we also haven't used condoms or BC. Also, I quit breastfeeding over a month ago. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice for what could be going on?

Additional note:

My first two periods postpartum were normal periods for me in color and time that they lasted.

When you are breastfeeding its pretty normal to have no periods or irregular periods but they should return to normal pretty quickly after you stop. Without in depth tests the doctor can't really be 100% sure what you had was a period so it is possible you had a return of post partum bleeding or maybe you just had one period and breastfeeding stopped the next one from happening.

You can get pregnant while breastfeeding but it does make the chances fairly low. As soon as you stop breastfeeding you have a high chance of getting pregnant so BC would be a good idea if you don't want a baby.

It seems like a good idea to take one more pregnancy test to rule that out. You may have tested too early last month or you might have gotten pregnant since then. It could also just be your hormones getting back to normal. The spotting you are having could be a super light period.

When you say in depth, what do you mean? She was literally looking inside of me lol. I'm going to test tomorrow, I've never ever had a period this light before. To me this looks like implantation bleeding and looks just like it did when I got pregnant with my son. Thank you for your response!

I'm not an expert but to confirm a real period I think they need to do several blood tests to check hormone levels and would usually do ultrasounds too. There isn't any need to do that unless you are having long term hormone/ fertility problems though. It's a fairly safe guess that it was a period as that is the most likely. Still it is not impossible to have random post partum bleeding come back after it has stopped so it is still a posibility that is what happened to you. I had a bleed seveal weeks after I thought my bleeding had stopped. At first I was told it was a period but my period didn't come back propperly until 8 months PP (I was breastfeeding) so then I was told it could have just been a PP bleed. By doing an internal exame the doctor could rule out an irritated cervix or infection which can cause bleeding. By feeling your utterus she could confirm it had shrunk back to the propper size. Post partum bleeding is more likely until it is back to the normal not pregnant size, which can take a while for some women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->